Friday, January 20, 2012

Week in Greenville and Ski Trip

Lots has gone on in the Edwards household this past week. Last Saturday Paul and I gathered up all the children (Franklin included!) and headed up to Greenville.

Grandaddy sleeping...this doesn't really have anything to do with the story but I found it funny.
Sunday afternoon Paul and I came back to Columbia and the kiddos stayed in Greenville. Paul and I didn't quite know how to act with no babies in the house...not even a Franklin in the bed! Sunday evening we went to see a movie and then went out the dinner...it's been a very long time since we had a date night and it was lots of fun. I worked on Monday and Tuesday and then drove back to Greenville Tuesday night. Wednesday I had a dentist appointment and Thursday Emmie and I went and got our haircut. We all had a great time hanging out with the family the rest of the time. Thursday night Paul drove to Greenville after work and we got up bright and early Friday morning to head to Maggie Valley, NC for a quick vacation with Paul's familiy. GG and Papa were there when we arrived and Uncle Blake and Emily came in late Friday night. Saturday we hung around the house.

Emmie cleaned up a bit.

Hop on Paul!

Emmie modeled Emily's boots for us but she decided orange wasn't really her color!



Emmie loves to crack eggs!

We had a 1/2 birthday party for Ellie. GG made cupcakes which Emmie enjoyed...Ellie can't wait until her first brithday when she can have some cupcakes too!





Saturday night Paul, Blake, Emily, and I headed to Cataloochee to do some night skiing. It's been over 10 years since I'd been skiing but it came back to me quickly and I had a great time skiing.


Beautiful sunset on our way to ski.

It was snowing when we left and we even got some snow overnight at the cabin!
Sunday morning was interesting. Ellie woke up around 7:30 and I got up with her and fed her and then went to get Emmie out of bed and when I walked in the room it smelled pretty gross in there. Then I looked at Emmie and it looked like she had hairspray on her hair. All I could think was that she had pooped and then rubbed it in her hair. The good news was that it wasn't poop. The bad news was that it was her first stomach virus. Apparently at some point during the night she had thrown up and then rolled over and it got all in her hair. This is probably TMI but let me just say that it will probably be quite awhile before I eat craisins again! So I threw Emmie in the bathtub and Paul's mom changed the sheets and Lysoled everything in the room and Emmie seemed just fine...so I just assumed it was something she had eaten the night before. We had a big breakfast Sunday morning so it was about 9:30 before we were ready to eat and Emmie seemed fine so I gave her her milk like normal and she chugged it down and then promptly threw it up. Needless to say we stuck to water and bland foods the rest of the day! She was pretty traumatized about the whole throwing up thing...remember she'd slept through the first episode! Once Ellie went down for her nap Emmie perked up a bit and we took her outside to play in the dusting of snow. She doesn't remember all the snow we had last winter so she was really excited about seeing snow and getting to play in it. There was a big hill behind the house with a little snow and lots of leaves so we grabbed some plastic saucers and sleds and had lots of fun going down the hill.

GG made Emmie a teeny tiny snowman.



I think Gin-g and Blake had the most fun and we all got some great laughs watching them!



Sunday afternoon Paul and I stayed with the girls while everyone else went tubing and then Sunday night Fred and Gin-g stayed with the girls and Paul, Emily, Blake, and I went tubing. It wasn't very crowded so we got to go down about 15 times. It was cold but fun!



Monday morning we got up, packed, and headed back to Greenville where we picked up Frankln and ate lunch and then headed back to Columbia. It was a fun trip but we were all glad to be back at home and Paul and I are very excited to sleep in a room with no babies in it tonight! (We played musical rooms up at the cabin...the girls were together one night...major fail...then Ellie slept in our room one night...she talks and grunts all night apparently...and then Emmie slept in our room the next night...she talks at night too but not as bad as Ellie...we're hoping by this summer when we go to the beach they'll be able to be in the same room!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a fun trip! Family vacations are a lot of fun.... :)

    ReplyDelete