Monday, January 2, 2012

Super Savings

Recently I've had some great cvs and publix trips and have saved bunches of money which makes me super exciting. If you're not a couponer you might not understand the excitement but it's a bit of rush to walk out of a store with a cartfull of goods and have saved over 50% on what you bought...it makes all the hard work  worth it!
Here are my recent super savings:
Publix on 12/20 (yes I'm a little behind getting this up...got behind with the holidays): 2 bags of cranberries, 2 packs of goldfish crackers, 4 packs of ziploc bags, 2 cartons of breyers ice cream, 1 box of granola bars, 2 boxes of macaroni noodles, 2 boxes of keebler club crackers, 5 bags of birds eye steamfresh peas and greenbeans, 2 bags of texas toast croutons, 1 tub of butter, 1 pineapple, asparagus, 2 packs of chinet dinner napkins, 1 mystery item that i can't decipher from the receipt, 2 boxes of hot chocolate, 1 avocado, bananas, 2 blocks of kraft chedder cheese, sweet potatoes, 1 bag of baby carrots, pears, carton of eggs, 2 boxes of spaghetti noodles, 1 gallon of organic milk, 1 bag of deli flats, 5lbs of flour. Everything except the last 3 items was on the sale.
After coupons I saved 67.99 and paid 53.93 for a total savings of 56%!

If you haven't checked out the CVS ad this week, it's AWESOME. Plus I found a few things at the store that weren't listed on Southern Savers but were really good deals (esp on Cascade and Tide) but I didn't have those coupons with me so I'm planning to run back later in the week and grab those items.
Transaction #1: 3 pk of ivory bar soap, 1 oral-b battery powered toothbrush, 1 pack of oral-b floss.
                         After coupons I saved 13.18 and I paid 1.57 for a total savings of 87%!!!
Transaction #2: 4pk of duracell batteries, 9pk of charmain toilet paper, 1 covergirl lip gloss,                         1 covergirl  foundation, 2 pks of cvs makeup remover pad thingys
                         After coupons I saved 15.67 and spent 19.78 for a total savings of 44%. I also got a $10 CVS gift card and as I was walking out I remember I had a $5 off of $25 coupon that I forgot to use and so because it expired in 2 days I went back to the register and asked if I could get ECBs for it...so I also left with $5 ECB which I will use when I go back to get my Tide and Cascade!

No comments:

Post a Comment