Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The great outdoors!

Emmie and I (and Franklin) played outside today for a little bit.  Emmie is quite facinated by the grass...she's really funny when you stand her up in it...it's hilarious to watch her try to walk...she curls her toes up!  I didn't realize until the other day when I took her out and put her in the grass while I was grilling that she hasn't been outside much this summer other than to go to the pool or for a walk around the neighborhood or to the zoo.  It has just been sooo miserably hot that we've stayed inside most of the time.  While we were outside I snapped some pics of her...I did have trouble getting her to look at me because she was so facinated with pulling up the grass..shhh...don't tell her daddy...he's worked hard to get the grass to grow!






(I'm pretty sure she's in the process of shoving a handful of grass in her mouth!)

Franklin loves to be outside too!

On a side note, this morning I gathered up Emmie and Franklin and we headed to the vet for Franklin's physical.  Emmie and Franklin both behaved very well at the vet (in spite of the fact we had to wait 30min after our appointment time to see the vet...so worth it though because we have the best vet with the best staff EVER) and Franklin (once we dragged him out from behind the chair) did very well during his exam and got a clean bill of health...the vet, for the second year in a row, remarked on how muscular he is...all those walks are paying off!  Also, Franklin didn't have to get any shots but he got one vaccine that went in his nose (some kind of drops)...afterwards the vet tech and the vet remarked on how well he did while they were giving it...I'm pretty sure he was just scared stiff, poor baby.  Anyway, he got up on the top of the couch (his safe spot...aka out of Emmie's reach) as soon as we got home and slept the majority of the day...it's quite tiring to go to the vet apparently.
This evening I came upstairs with every intention of getting a lot of sewing done on the outfit I'm working on for Emmie only to find out that I'd cut out two back facings instead of a front and a back.  Luckily, I had only stitched the side seams so it was easy to undo but then I had to pin and cut out the front facing which by far my least favorite thing about sewing...ugh.  I had been working on ironing the hem of the facing before I discovered my error and was having serious issues getting it to flow right...fortunately I decided early on in that endeavor to come back to it after I'd sewn the facing to the top.  When I went to pin the facing onto the top and had extra notches I discovered my error...really glad I didn't spend too much time burning my fingers with the iron!  Also fortunately I know that I'm prone to doing things like this so I'd bought extra fabric...all is well again...just a little behind in my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment