Thursday, August 12, 2010

Goodbye to the Sigmons

Today Emmie and I went and said goodbye to our neighbors, Rebekah, Ryan, and Addison.  I met Rebekah a few weeks after I had Emmie (and she had Addison who's 9 days younger than Emmie) and her friendship has meant so much to me.  It was so nice when we were both on maternity leave to have someone to hang out with during the day...especially since we were going through the same life changes at the same time!  Paul and I have truely enjoyed getting to know Rebekah and Ryan and little Addison and we're so sad that they're moving this weekend.  Fortunately they're only going to be about 2 hours from Greenville and only about 45min from where Paul's extended family lives in NC so hopefully we can manage some day trips this year so the girls can get together and play and the adults can catch up. 

Emmie and Addison playing before Emmie decided to sit right in front of Addison and make her cry.

Apparently Emmie is scary.

Today was a busy day and I was soo glad that Abby was here to help me with Emmie who has had a cranky couple of days (she's had every teething symptom in the book this time around).  We had lunch with Brook Bristow (one of our friends from college) at Grouchos which was super fun and yummy and then Emmie took a good afternoon nap and so I also got a nap.  This afternoon I gave Franklin a bath which is always entertaining and Abby definitely got a big kick out of it!
Emmie was a little messy with her dinner.  She had a screaming fit in the middle of it so when we started back over eating I didn't bother putting a bib on her...she was a hot mess.

(those are beets on her face...yuck...and peach juice all over her outfit)

She has learned the sign for more...except really in her mind it also means hungry...she does it a lot.  When she gets down to only a few cheerios on her tray she starts doing "more" and when the cheerios are all gone she bangs on her tray...guess she figures she needs to be a little more assertive and make sure I'm paying attention!
After dinner Emmie was such a mess that we put her in the pool in the backyard to clean her off.  Abby got in the pool with her but I was threatened if I put any of those pictures up (hehe).  I figure I'll wait until she's not sleeping under the same roof as me and then post them...hahahah...j/k.

(franklin's pretty sure the pool is a big water bowl)

No comments:

Post a Comment