Wednesday, January 27, 2016

4 Months


I am 4 months old!

  • I weigh 13lb 4oz (7th percentile) and am 24.5 inches tall (17th percentile). I was bigger than my sisters were at 4 months but in MUCH lower percentiles! When she was my age Emmie was 12lb 13oz and 24.5in and Ellie was 12lb 14oz and 24in. Ruthie was 12lb 9oz and 23 1/4 inches. Mommy was 12lb 8oz and 25in and Daddy was 12lb 9oz and 23.5in.
  • I wear 3-6 mo clothes and a size 1 diaper (but will be going to a size 2 when I finish up the ones).
  • I nurse every 3 hours during the day. Sometimes after my 330 feed I also take a 4 ounce bottle. I also take a bottle of formula at bedtime. The bedtime bottle is usually between 8 and 10 ounces. I just started getting cereal in the evening around 7 as well. Mommy is not at all sure where I'm putting all that I'm taking in!
  • I'm doing GREAT with my cereal after only a few days. Most of it stays in my mouth now and I'm also doing great with the little sips of water I get out of a regular glass after my cereal.
  • I was sleeping about 11 hours at night but this month has been rough. Between a cold right around Christmas and bronchiolitis and an ear infection in January it's been a rough month sleep wise. Right at this moment I'm generally waking up to nurse once during the night, usually around 3 or 4, but some nights I sleep all night! I get my bottle around 9:30 and then eat in the morning at about 8:30.
  • I nap off and on while we take everyone to school and then will sometimes take a little snooze around 1030. I take a long nap (2-3hrs) between picking Ellie up and picking Emmie up and then take about an hour nap around 5. I go back to sleep around 8:30 for about an hour. Mommy usually holds me for my morning nap and the one before bedtime. I sleep in my rock n play for my long nap and my one before dinnertime. I sleep in the rock n play at night. We will be transitioning soon to my crib!
  • I think my sisters are pretty great. I love when they talk to me and play with me and I even love when the curly headed one lays in my play gym beside me! My favorite thing is when they read to me.
  • This month I celebrated my first Christmas. I slept through a lot of the celebration but thought it was pretty fun while I was awake. I especially liked that there were lots of people around to hold me! (It's possible I became more spoiled than I already was.)
  • This month I had my first overnight trip. I went to Myrtle Beach with the Edwards side of the family. I was sick so I didn't sleep very well but I was pretty happy during the day and didn't seem to mind being away from home.
Supervising the bowling with Uncle Blake.
First time at the ocean. It was cold and windy!

  • I had my first trip to the aquarium at Myrtle Beach. I was somewhat impressed with the tunnel where the fish swim all around you.
  • This month I had my first cold and my first ear infection and I also had bronchiolitis. It was a rough month!
  • I LOVE to play with toys. My favorite right now are my little hanging toys that play music and my o-ball.
  • I love when people sing to me.
  • I've started laughing when you tickle me.
  • I really like to be held.
  • I will sit up with the boppy behind me for a few minutes. I really love doing this.
  • I'm not super content to sit in the bouncer for more than a few minutes and while I will sit in the bumbo I much prefer to be sitting up with the boppy "on my own". I am now anti swing.
  • I've started chewing some on my fingers when I'm tired but will stay take my pacifier sometimes. I only get the pacifier in the car and at naps. At bedtime I go down without it.
  • I tolerate all my time in the car very well. Mommy is very thankful for this!
  • I've started taking a bath with Ruthie sometimes in the big bath tub. I sit in my bumbo and do really well. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet!

Ellie at 4 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment