Thursday, January 7, 2016

a little bit of the everyday


Time for a quiz!
Which of my babies is this? You can leave a comment with your guess on the fb post!


Emmie is obsessed with Hi-Wire (trampoline park). There is a Hi-Wire bus that comes to school everyday to pick up the kids that go to after school there and she tells me all the time that she wants to ride the Hi-Wire bus. Well, the other day she told me that she could ride the Hi-Wire bus because she's been on a field trip on a bus so she knows the procedures. And she's done a bus fire drill. So there's that.

The other day I remembered that Ellie was sitting up pretty well with the boppy by 4 months so I decided to see if JP was ready to start working on sitting up. He did SO well and he absolutely LOVED it. He got really mad when I laid him back down. How is my baby old enough to be sitting up with the boppy? Slow down time!


Ellie is a SUPER lazy kid. Sometimes even getting her to get out of the car when we get home is like pulling teeth. It's just too much effort for her! Needless to say getting her to help out around the house is just a nightmare. So I was SHOCKED when I walked in my bedroom the other day and Ellie was making my bed. It was just the sweetest thing! (And then she got in a fight with Emmie because Emmie wanted to help and Ellie wanted to do it all by herself.) I have no idea what brought it on but it meant so much to me because it was so out of character. Now if I could only get her to make her own bed...


I had The People's Choice Awards on the other night while I was pumping and JP was HILARIOUS! His eyes about bugged out of his head during the opening number!


The other night after putting the girls to bed they were being loud so I was fussing at them and telling them they needed to go to sleep. Emmie responded (completely seriously): "Oh, is it time for me to go to sleep?" Palm to face. I told her it was and she went right to sleep. Why didn't I tell her that years ago?

Ruthie is such a good big sister. I was so worried about how she would react to a new baby since we had always treated her like she was the baby. She is super gentle with JP (most of the time). She is always concerned about him and is always making sure that he has everything he needs (pacifier, toy, blanket, etc). She also loves to lay down beside him and play with him or read him books. It just melts my heart and I can't wait until the fall when both big girls are in school all day and JP is old enough to interact with Ruthie and do fun things. We're going to have so many fun adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment