Sunday, December 14, 2014

Emmie's 5th Birthday

Loved her birthday outfit! My friend Jill made the shirt and I made the pants and bow.

We had Emmie's 5th birthday party on Saturday (her actual birthday is on Wednesday) and this year we had her party at Country Adventures in Blythewood. Emmie went to a party there earlier this year and has wanted to have her party there ever since. Country Adventures was GREAT! All I had to do was bring cupcakes and party favors...they provided everything else. During the party they had pony rides, got to check out all the animals, and went on a hayride (Emmie's favorite part!). After the hayride they had hot dogs, chips, and lemonade, ate cupcakes, and then roasted s'mores.
We had a great group of kids there and are so thankful for all of Emmie's wonderful friends and their families!


Get ready for picture overload!
Love the other girls' outfits as well. They both had horse stuff in their closets already so that worked out well!


Ellie's obsessed with this wagon. She went and climbed in as soon as we got there.


Ruthie was so glad she got to join in the fun.
Megan and Sam
The girls with sweet Mary Ruth. I noticed when looking at this picture that Mary Ruth, who just turned 2, is almost the same height as teeny tiny Ellie...who's almost 3 1/2!


See the litte boy in the VT shirt? He's in Emmie's class and she's obsessed with him...she talks about him all the time and as best I can tell he can do no wrong. Emmie fusses about the other boys chasing her but it's just fine with her if this little guy chases her!
Love this happy face!
And another happy face!
They were so sweet and let Emmie help walk the pony while Ellie was riding.
Madison rode the pony like a pro! I think some riding lessons are in her future!
Ruthie checking out the animals.

The little girls brushing the donkey. They were so funny. They would put straw on it and then brush it back off.

Hayride!


Ruthie had a great time playing with the hay.


Piggy cupcakes! So easy to make and I was thrilled with how they turned out! (I had a lot of questions about the eyes...they came from Hobby Lobby. The ears and snout are marshmallows and I used writing gel for the nose.)
Happy Birthday to You!


Roasting marshmallows.



My kids are funny...they really don't love roasted marshmallows (and watch out if it gets charred at all...they don't seem to understand that's the best way to eat them...it's ok though...it means I get to eat the burned ones!) but they love plain marshmallows. I looked over at one point and the Es were just standing at the box of marshmallows chowing down!
Madison totally posed when I came over with the camera. She is such a little ham!

The other Emmie signing the birthday book. This year the birthday book was The Very Fairy Princess Takes the Stage by Julie Andrews and her daughter, Emma Hamilton. I tried to find a good farm book but couldn't find a farm book I liked in hardcover. (I really wanted Barn Dance by Bill Martin, Jr...it's one of my favorites!) The Very Fairy Princess books are really cute though and Emmie was thrilled with it.


Party favors...farm animal ornaments with each child's name on it. I was so excited about these and they were pretty easy to make! I found the wooden animals (already painted) at Hobby Lobby, used a nail to make a small hole and then screwed in an eye hook, added a ribbon and the child's name...easy peasy!







No comments:

Post a Comment