Friday, September 26, 2014

Sky Top

Thursday was a half day at school (which for us means the girls just go from 9-11) and Emmie asked multiple times this summer about going apple picking) so Wednesday after school we headed to Greenville to my parent's house. Not long after we got there we went to visit Will, Griffin, and their brand new little sister Izzy! The girls (including Ruthie) had fun playing with the boys and I loved getting to talk with Carissa and snuggle little Izzy. Ruthie is really into baby dolls right now and she kept wanting to touch Izzy and look at her...it was sweet. When we got back to my parent's house Emily and Blake were there to have dinner with us. The girls were super excited to get to play with them. Funniest Emmie moment: E: Uncle Blake will you come play outside with me? B: well.... E: You're my best friend....of course Uncle Blake went and played outside with her :)
On Thursday morning we got up and headed with my mom to Sky Top in Hendersonville, NC to pick apples! It was overcast and misting but fortunately I'd actually remembered to pack all of our raincoats!

(Ruthie was the only one excited about getting a picture with Mommy.)


When we got to Sky Top we headed to pick apples. We stopped to visit with some sheep, goats and geese on our way...all three of the girls loved that. We made the mistake of hiking through the orchard to pick apples...that was a LONG hike back with 3 baskets of apples and a stroller straight up hill...ugh.



Next time we will pick whatever apples are closest to the front lol! Ellie enjoyed picking an apple...and then she was done (tired from hiking to get to the apples).


Emmie enjoyed picking apples and even attempted to climb a tree with my help...she wasn't so sure about that though!



After picking apples we got some yummy apple cider doughnuts and apple juice for the Es and apple cider for my mom and I. The doughnuts were so good and apple cider is one of my favorite winter treats! After our snack we headed on a wagon ride. The girls loved that and I think if it had lasted about 2 more minutes Ruthie would have been fast asleep...she was so relaxed!


Ruthie was such a trooper as we dragged her all over the orchard in the misting rain.



We headed back to Greenville after our wagon ride (and a quick run back through the store to pick out some pumpkins) and I think everyone but Emmie was VERY ready for naptime (and dry feet...our shoes and socks were soaked)! We stayed in Greenville until after dinnertime and then headed back to Columbia...with a delicious apple pie my mom made...yummmm.

I was very worn out by the time we got back to Columbia but I'm so glad we went and the girls have had fun telling everyone about their trip to the apple orchard!

No comments:

Post a Comment