Monday, July 15, 2013

Two years old

 

 
 I am TWO years old!
 
  • I weigh 25.8lb (35th percentile) and am 32.5in (24th percentile).  At 2 Emmie weighed 30.4lb and was 35in tall. When Mommy was my age she was 34in and 24lb.
  • I wear a size 24mo or 2t, a size 6 or 6.5 shoe, and a size 5 diaper.
  • I go to bed at 7:30 and get up between 7 and 8:30 in the morning (generally dependent on when Emmie comes in my room and wakes me up). I usually play or read in my bed before I go to sleep at night. I usually take about a 2-3hr nap after lunch.
  • We're working on counting. I can count to 3 and backwards from 3 but don't always remember 2!
  • I don't really sing any songs but I am very opinionated about which songs are sung to me.
  • I love to eat. I don't eat many fruits and veggies but I do love peaches, raspberries, and strawberries and will also sometimes eat broccoli and asparagus. I am quite the meat eater, especially pork, and I also love spaghetti! I also love cupcakes and we went and got some for my birthday!

 
  • I love to do whatever Emmie does. I get to start going to My Gym camp with Emmie and am super excited!
(I also love to get messy!)

 
  • I am definitely getting into the terrible twos and am becoming whinier and have very selective hearing. When I get in trouble or am particularly whiney I usually go to my room and cry for a few minutes and then I'm all better.
  • I love babies still, especially my Mary Ruth (or Roo as I call her). I am starting to get accustomed to the idea of having a little brother or sister and I love to pat Mommy's tummy.
  • I am so sweet and loving and am always willing to give a hug or a kiss.
  • This month Uncle Ben came for a visit. I was so glad that he got to come see me although I was a little disappointed that he didn't bring his plane with him! (Emmie and I have gotten it in our heads that he has his own plane and we are always hoping he'll bring it to our house!)
 
  • This month I was a flower girl in Emily and Blake's wedding. I was super cute and did GREAT...I was all smiles coming down the aisle! I also had lots of fun dancing and eating at the reception.

 
  • This month we went to Greenville for a few days and I decided that a Gran is almost better than a Mommy! I spent the whole time we were there hollering "Fran!!!"
 
  • While we were in Greenville we were able to meet up with our friends Will and Griffin at Fall's Park. I had so much fun playing with them!
  • This month we celebrated 4th of July by going to the Blowfish baseball game. I had lots of fun at the game and I didn't like how bright the fireworks were but once I put on Daddy's sunglasses I thought they were great. The noise didn't bother me at all (between Emmie and Franklin I'm pretty immune to loud noises)!
  • I love to read books, play dress up, play with dolls, and pretend to cook for my dolls. I have also started being interested in puzzles and every now and then will sit down and work on one.
  • I say so many words and have quite the large vocabulary. I'm definitely speaking in more sentences every day!
  • This month I was able to celebrate Father's Day with all the men in my life! I love my Daddy, Grandaddy, and Papa so much!

 
  • This month Abby and Elizabeth came to visit which was fun although I wasn't sure what to think of having another person my size around! We went to the zoo while they were here and this was the first time that I was really comfortable feeding the giraffes. I had so much fun!

 
  • I have enjoyed going to the pool this month. I LOVE to lay on my back and can almost float on my back by myself.
  • "Myself" has been my favorite word this month. I've become VERY independent. ( I can get into the car and into my carseat all by myself which Mommy finds very helpful!)
  • I am a very good helper when Mommy asks me to do something.
 
Emmie at 2 years old and her 2 year old post.



No comments:

Post a Comment