Thursday, July 25, 2013

Swim Lessons

Emmie just finished up a week of swim lessons with Palmetto Aquatics. I debated a long time about who to do swim lessons with and Palmetto Aquatics ended up working best with our schedule. I was absolutely thrilled with them and I was so impressed with how much she learned in 4 days. What was even more impressive than what she learned was how much her confidence grew! We used to have to talk her into going under the water with her vest on. Now all she wants to do at the pool is go under the water without her vest! Emmie is my child who is a little more reserved and cautious so this is amazing progress! The only disappointment I had with her swim lessons was that this was the last week they are doing them this summer....I really wish we could do another week with Palmetto Aquatics! She started on Monday just going under the water over and over and practicing kicking and today she was kicking across the width of the pool by herself! I was so proud of Emmie. She cried getting in most days but her teacher handled it great and would have her working on her swimming and not crying within a minute. I'm so, so proud of how hard she worked this week and how far she progressed with her swimming!







We went for frozen yogurt afterwards to celebrate a great week of swim lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment