Thursday, May 31, 2018

Summerville Trip

For Memorial Day weekend we headed to Summerville to spend the weekend with Paul's parents. 
Paul was playing in a golf tournament so he had to go down Thursday evening so I sent Ruthie and JP with him. I figured they'd have a lot more fun hanging out with GiGi and PaPa then sitting around the house with me waiting to pick Emmie and Ellie up from school!

On Friday, the little kids headed to the Fire Museum to meet up with the Mrs. Rita and Megan. Megan and Paul grew up together and she has a 1yr old girl and a little boy who is just a little older than JP. 




Emmie had a field trip on Friday so I picked her and Ellie up after she got back from the field trip and we headed to Summerville. 

Friday afternoon Gin-g and I took the kids over to Mrs. Debbie's house to play on her swing set (and with all the fun outdoor toys she has!) and then we met up with Fred at Chick-fil-A.

JP loved the tractor!

After dinner the kids headed back to the house with the grandparents and I headed to the golf course to meet Paul for dinner. 

Our original plan for Saturday morning was to take the kiddos to the beach but the weather forecast was iffy so we headed to the pool instead. Paul had an afternoon tee time so he was able to join us! The kids had lots of fun and found some friends to play with! 

We headed back to the house Saturday and had lunch and while JP napped, I took the girls to visit my friend Susan and her husband and their sweet baby, Barrett. They have a pool at their house so the kiddos got some more swimming in and were very entertained by their dog who was also swimming in the pool! They also had so much fun playing with Barrett (and I got some sweet baby snuggles in!). 


We headed back to Summerville and got ready to go to the golf course for dinner and dancing! The kids always love the Saturday night festivities! Because Paul had a later tee time he was still playing when we got there so the kids got to watch him. JP was got to ride in the cart with Paul for the last few holes and he loved being "one of the guys". The girls found friends to play with and had a great time! 
Watching Paul





Playing on the golf course with Mary and Will. They all had the BEST time together! Mary and Will's dad grew up with Paul. I love the visual of these kids playing on the same golf course their daddy's grew up playing on!


Sunday, Ellie requested a trip to the park and the kids all loved it! Emmie and Ellie spent a LONG time on the tire swing having me spin them faster and push them higher!

I could watch this video over and over. It's not often I get those kind of giggles from my big girls!




JP and Ruthie were not as thrilled about spinning on the tire swing!



We had lunch at Moe's and then while JP and Emmie napped, Gin-g and I made a trip to the outlets. We had a great time shopping!

We headed back to Columbia Sunday after dinner. We had so much fun on our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment