Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

Today was not exactly a relaxing Mother's Day but I'm pretty sure those just don't exist when you have 4 small children! This morning the kids (and Paul) had flowers for me and lots of cards and sweet gifts the girls made at school. We went to church, came home and had lunch, and then JP went down for a nap and I took the girls to the Y to work on their swimming since Emmie and Ellie will start swim team this week. Ellie was SOOOO close to passing the swim test...she just tired out at the end but I think a few weeks of swimming under her belt and she'll be golden! I was so proud of how well she did though...especially considering she's only been in the pool once since last summer!
After the Y we came home, I showered everyone, and then Paul had to go to work. I definitely didn't want to cook on Mother's Day and I really wanted something special to eat. I decided to be brave and take the kids by myself to San Jose. We NEVER go places that aren't either Moe's or Chick-fil-A so I was pretty nervous about how JP would do. The kids gave me the best Mother's Day present as they were on their VERY best behavior. We had a great time and I loved getting to spend a fun dinner with my sweet babies! (Also, JP spent a good portion of the time we were at San Jose "whispering" in my ear...it consisted of him getting super close and going "pssssssssst. psssssst. pssssst" and then we would giggle and want me to do it to him. Then he'd giggle again. Totally worth all the spit I had to wipe out of my ear to hear those sweet baby giggles!)


Today I am so thankful for my mom. She taught me so much and had endless amounts of patience. She is an amazing Gran as well! The longer I'm a mother the more I appreciate all that my mom did for us growing up. I'm so thankful for her and all that she gives to her family!

I am also thankful for my mother-in-law. She raised a wonderful son who is a wonderful father. She loves her grandbabies so much and she would do anything for her family!

I am also thankful for all those today who have mothered my babies. Those who have spent many hours babysitting. Those who have taught them in Sunday School and nurtured their souls. Those who have taught them at school and nurtured their minds. The extended family members who pray for them and love them and check on them regularly.  Those neighbors, church friends, parents of their other friends, etc who the kids have adopted as part of the family...the ladies who were chosen by the kids as "their people" and who always have a hug for them and will listen to their stories and ooh and ahh over cards they make...we are thankful for you!
It truly takes a village to raise children and the moms in our "village" are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment