Thursday, September 22, 2016

a ONE year old kind of day

Yesterday was a BIG day for JP. He turned ONE! That in itself is a big deal. Apparently he thought birthdays should be celebrated with milestones!

In the morning, I was getting ready in my room and JP crawled out of the room and into the den (where Emmie, home sick from school, and Ruthie were). I went to look for him a few minutes later. The girls told me they thought he was in my room. Ummm. nope. He had crawled himself out the doggie door for the first time. He was enjoying the rain and playing in the puddles.


For the last few weeks JP has been working on standing and will very rarely also take a step of two while standing. He has been working more and more on standing up and he really loves to stand up holding on to Ruthie's pillow. He really wasn't interested in taking any steps though. Until yesterday. He heard that one year olds walk so he thought he would prove that he is a one year old!






He was walking even more today and really well! I'm pretty sure that within the week we will have a full time walker!

And because he's a very advanced one year old he decided to practice being two. Tonight he took one of the baskets from in front of the fireplace and turned it on its side and squished it between the table and the couch. I was keeping an eye on him, waiting for him to use the basket to climb onto the couch. Instead he sat down on the basket, started grunting, and turned beet red. Yep, he was using it as a potty. I was laughing so hard I could barely tell Paul what I was laughing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment