Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bike Rider

Emmie has been SO scared of riding without training wheels for SO long. However, her training wheels started having issues and I FINALLY convinced her it would be easier to ride without them. She practiced once or twice with Paul before we left with the beach and was so close to riding on her own. Well we got to the beach and she just TOOK OFF! My dad and Ben were riding a lot every day and I think that was big motivation for her to learn. Within a few days of starting to practice she was riding like a pro. We did some practice riding on the bike trails and then she was ready to ride around the island! I rode with her over to a nearby park and my dad met up with us there. After that we rode over to the Marsh Tower. She was SO proud of herself!
At the Marsh Tower with Grandaddy
I also took her to the straw market another day. I loved the time I got to spend riding bikes with her and I loved seeing how proud she was that she could ride on the bike trails with us! Because she learned how to ride her bike, Grandaddy bought her a bell to go on her bike. The sisters were very impressed with the bell so now they're both quite motivated to learn to ride as well so they can get a bell!



Ellie got a bike for her birthday right before we left for the beach. All my kids have issues with pedaling so Paul woked a lot with Ellie on her pedaling at the beach. It helped that once Emmie learned to ride her bike, Ellie was motivated to work on riding hers! I was so proud of her hard work and she was pedaling pretty well by the time the week was over!



Not to be outdone, Ruthie hopped on Ellie's scooter. At first we would just push her while she held on but when all the sisters were getting lots of praise, Ruthie decided to show off and push the scooter herself. Nobody puts baby in a corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment