Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reading

I couldn't be prouder of my little reader. Emmie started reading in the late fall and I feel like she improves by leaps and bounds every day! She's gotten to where she can read a lot of books by herself and she is loving it. She reads all.the.time. (not quite sure who she gets that from ;) ). She has been up later at night reading and I often find her reading in her bed when I go to wake her up in the morning. I really love that she will read to her sisters in the car and they can often be found snuggled together in a chair or Ellie's bed reading. She also loves to read to JP and he loves listening to her. I have always hoped that my children would love reading as much as I do and I've known for awhile that Ellie loves books like I do and it seems like Emmie does too! Yesterday she was so proud of herself because she could read her Bernstein Bears books all by herself! This was exciting for me because now maybe I won't have to read them as much (they're SO long and we read them over and over) but at the same time I can no longer get away with skipping every few sentences in an effort to shorten the book!

Here's a video I took of Emmie doing her reading homework the other day. I have been so impressed with her ability to sound out words she doesn't know and I've enjoyed seeing her apply all the "rules" she's learning in class (for instance, did you know an "e" at the end of a word makes the vowel say it's name? I didn't! Ex: ride, came, etc).


No comments:

Post a Comment