Friday, February 26, 2016

Lots of Catching Up

It has been so long since I blogged. Mostly because we have been incredibly busy. Between the normal stuff, lots of sickness, and some extra projects I feel like I haven't had the energy to do anything by the end of the day. 
January was a rough month for us in the health department.  January started with a very sick Ruthie. She had waking pneumonia and an ear infection. She was absolutely pitiful. 

When all was said and done my tiny little girl lost almost 4lb. She dropped down to 20lb! She's finally gained about half the weight back but more importantly she is finally eating and drinking normally again. It took a few weeks after the pneumonia but I feel so much better about her health now! As she was recovering from pneumonia JP had to go to the doctor for bronchiolitis and an ear infection. He wheezed for about 4 days and while it didn't affect his appetite at all, it definitely affected his sleeping. We had many nights of being up every few hours at night...not fun! 

A week or so later Emmie ran a low grade fever and complained about her throat. Poor thing had her first case of strep (the first case any of my kids have had)! She was a tough little cookie and really didn't complain much at all and fortunately nobody else got it. Then when I thought we were finally getting better the worst happened. The stomach virus. Ugh. Paul was out of town, Ruthie woke up throwing up about 1145 one night and by 4am I was throwing up too. Then I had to get Emmie to school in the morning. And Paul was out of town. Then the next night Ellie was sick.

 Emmie has a little bit of a cold right now but nothing abnormal for winter time. I'm hoping we are finally catching a break from the germs!

Ellie is so NOT a morning person. Ruthie gets up with Emmie and they eat breakfast and then I get Ellie and JP up when it's time to get in the car to take Emmie to school. The other morning Emmie and Ruthie were belting out "Let it  Go" and I looked back and had to laugh at Ellie's expression! She was not amused. I feel ya little girl, I feel ya. 


Two weeks ago we moved JP from the rock n play to the crib. He LOVED the rock n play. We would put him down at night and he would coo and talk and then go to sleep. He was NOT a fan of the crib!!! For 3 nights he screamed for hours. We were up until 1 or 2am and then he'd be back up a few hours later. We totally would have caved and put him back in the rock n play if we weren't afraid we'd have to go through the sleepless nights again the next time we tried to move him. Fortunately night 4 he did great and he's gone right down each night since. Naps have still been hit or miss but we're working on it!

I've been busy getting my consignment stuff ready. I'm so so excited about clearing some of these girl clothes out of my attic! So far I have entered over 250 items into the system! 

Last week I set my other projects aside and sewed a scrub set for a former coworkers child. It should have been super easy but that neck band was a hot mess (really the directions were the problem...AWFUL). Thank goodness my mom came for the day and figured it out! Fortunately, the pants and hat were easy!
It has been so nice this week so instead of picking up Emmie and Evelyn and going from school to home to dance, I decided to take them to the children's garden. They had a blast and I was glad to not have to spend quite so much time in the car!


No comments:

Post a Comment