Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Big girl!!


So for a few months we've been talking to Ruthie about using the potty. She was  definitely interested in the potty and would sit there but never did anything. I thought I'd potty train her at the end of spring break. 
My little independent girl had other plans!
About 3 1/2 weeks ago we got home from taking everyone to school, she had a dirty diaper so I changed it and then she decided she wanted to wear panties. I let her and figured she'd either hold it until it was time to put her diaper back on to go get Ellie or she would have an accident. She ended up having a little accident and then finishing in the potty. When it came time to put her diaper back on she flat out refused. She was DONE with diapers. I was quite suprised! But three days later and she was potty trained! I also must say that I can't really take any credit for it...she pretty much did everything herself! There were a few times that I had left the room and came back and she had pulled down her pants, gone to the potty and was just waiting for me to get back so she could show me! She is so so independent! Within a few days she was also potty trained at night which is just crazy!! (Although she still wears a pull up since she's in the crib.) 
We're very proud of our big girl and she's very proud of herself!

1 comment:

  1. Ruthie comes from a long line of strong independent women! To Ruthie American Auntie M says "Girl Power!" We are proud of you3

    ReplyDelete