Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hanging with Roo

(I actually wrote this post a few days before JP was born and then forgot to publish it...)

Poor Ruthie generally just gets drug around to whatever the big girls are doing. She's pretty good natured about the whole thing (because sometimes it pays off...like milkshakes when the elementary school has Sonic night) but I wanted to make sure and have some time that was just for her before baby came. Two weeks ago we started back to My Gym and she's been LOVING that. We also had some great weather last week and took advantage of that.

On Monday after drop off (that would be the week before JP was born) we came home and walked Franklin and since we didn't have anything else to do I let her walk instead of riding in the stroller and we took our time and stopped and collected some rocks and flowers as well. She also got to be my kitchen helper and help me make a quiche to take to a friend with a new baby. She LOVES getting to help me in the kitchen but it's so rare for her to have the opportunity to because if the big girls are home then they want to help too and then it's waaaay too crowded in the kitchen.


Wednesday morning I was feeling pretty good so after we dropped Ellie off at school Ruthie and I headed to the zoo. She had the BEST time getting to go at her own pace and do exactly what she wanted to do (ie. no standing in the eternally long pony ride line when she's not even big enough to ride the pony). I loved being able to make some fun memories with my "only child" Ruthie.
Riding the train!
Decisions, decisions, what to see next...

We spent about 15 minutes on the giraffe deck before Ruthie worked up the courage for ME to feed the giraffe.
One of Ruthie's favorite things to do is play outside. Unfortunately, the heat seems to be a MAJOR trigger for her eczema flair ups so I don't let her go outside for long periods of time. Well with the cool weather it was the perfect time to give her free reign outside. On Thursday we spent a good chunk of time outside and she had a great time playing in the sandbox (who knew there was that much space in there!), the playhouse, and pushing the lawn mower around with nobody trying to take her toys or boss her around.


We also went and ate lunch with Emmie at school the week before. Roo loved getting to hang with the big kids!



Ruthie expects a lot of Mommy attention and I feel like this whole new baby thing is just going to rock her world (plus she's practicing being a 2 year old) so I'm so glad that we've had this week to hang out together just the two of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment