Friday, September 18, 2015

39 Weeks


I'm 39 weeks today!

My goal was to get to 39 weeks before baby came so baby now has permission to come anytime it wants. I'm sooo ready to meet our new little one and snuggle with him/her.
Overall I feel pretty decent for being 39 weeks pregnant. I'm tired and achy but there have been weeks during this pregnancy when I've felt a lot worse so I really can't complain too much. (And knock on wood I made it through this pregnancy without a pinched nerve in my right shoulder...I had one with the last 2.) I will say one of the big reasons I'm ready to have this baby is because I'm tired of waking up multiple times a night with reflux. I'm taking Zantac which works ok and I'm also using Tums which work great but I have to pick and choose when I use them because otherwise I'll max out and will be miserable in the middle of the night. I had about a month where I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep but this past week I've done pretty well...I think by the time I get in bed I'm just exhausted!
Overall this pregnancy I've gained 38lb. I'm pretty happy with that considering at 28 weeks I had already gained 30lb. I'm definitely not as hungry as I was early on, probably because there is less room for my stomach now! My blood pressure has been creeping up over the last few weeks but the doctors aren't too concerned about it.
I'm hoping baby will come sometime over the next week and if it doesn't then we'll schedule induction for sometime the week after.
My bag and baby's bag are packed (baby's bag got packed last night when I was having contractions every 10 minutes...I also painted my toes...priorities). I have arrangements made for who's taking care of the girls if I go into labor. The baby has a car seat and the swing and bouncer are put together and waiting for baby and the baby tub is pulled out. I think we're about ready!
Tomorrow is my last day of work and I think everyone I'm working with is nervous that I'll go into labor at work!
We have a boy name and have narrowed our girl list down to four names. For those who have been following the Great Name Debate I've been having with my mom, Rainey is not on our list.

Do you think baby is a girl or a boy? Vote in the poll on the side of the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment