Friday, June 12, 2015

Grizzlies and Otters, oh my!






Riverbanks Zoo has had a whole section of the zoo under construction for the past year or so. We went to the zoo on Monday and then Tuesday night I got an email that phase 1 of the new construction was opening up Wednesday morning so of course we had to make another trip to the zoo this week! So, today I took the girls to see the new Otter exhibit and the remodeled Grizzly Bear exhibit (our bears had been hanging out at another zoo during the remodel so the girls were really excited to see them again!). The girls gave the new exhibits 2 thumbs up and I got some really great pictures of the bears...I think they're glad to be home!






It's so fun watching the bear play in the water!
Ruthie liked to watch the bear but she flat out refused to get out of her stroller...she apparently feels much safer in the stroller.

The otters move much faster than the bears so it was a lot harder to catch them on camera (and I forgot to turn my flash off so I caught the glare from the window).


I got great pictures of some of the other animals too...guess they were making sure they weren't forgotten in the excitement!

The turtle was being VERY friendly today and walked right up to the barrier and was letting people touch it (which was totally grossing me out...salmonella people!)
Ellie and the Ellie-phant! (By the way, I think those were the best ICEEs any of us had ever had...it was SO hot today!)

Emmie was being quite brave today (must have been the sunglasses). Usually she will only feed the little giraffe but today she didn't even hesitate to feed the big one!
After we waited 30 minutes to ride the pony on Monday I vetoed pony rides today but the girls got a special treat and got to pet one of them!
We did ride the train and carousel before we left...always fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment