Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Theater!




Two weekends ago we went to Greenville for the weekend. I LOVE anything Broadway and one of my favorite musicals is Wicked. I've had the soundtrack since the play came out and I saw it in Atlanta years ago when it first started touring. Greenville has so many amazing Broadway plays this season, including Wicked so for Christmas my parents gave Paul and I tickets for Wicked and money for a nice dinner. We very rarely get a night out so I was soooo excited about our gift...free babysitters, a nice dinner, Wicked, and the best date = the perfect present!
Paul and I started our date night with dinner at Sassafras. I started my meal with a small bowl of she crab soup. It was so good and the bowl size was definitely NOT small. Paul had a small southern salad which was about the size of an entrée salad! I recommend not getting the large of anything unless you plan on making it your entrée! For dinner I got salmon and lump blue crab served over grits (ahhh-mazing!) and Paul had the Charleston shrimp and grits. Both of our entrees were quite large and were so good! It was so nice to have a dinner where we could sit and talk and relax!

After dinner we headed to the Peace Center for the show. My dad got us tickets in row F and I loved bring so close (when I saw it in Atlanta I was waaaay in the back). Alyssa Fox, who played Elpheba was absolutely amazing and I was spellbound every time she sang. The man who played the wizard was also exceptional. I was not as thrilled with the girl who played Glenda...she was good but was definitely not in the same league as Kristin Chenowith, who played the original Glenda. Paul had never seen Wicked and I do think he enjoyed the play...I know I did!




My mom found out that while we were in Greenville the Children's Theater was performing a Fancy Nancy musical. My girls big girls just love Fancy Nancy so as their Valentine's present they got a date with Gran to go see the show! They were super excited and we made sure to take some fancy attire for them to wear (they love their sparkly skirts!).

My mom said they both enjoyed it and that Emmie was spellbound! On the way home they stopped and got frozen yogurt which especially thrilled Ellie, that's one of her favorite treats. I'm so glad it worked out for the girls to see the musical and that they got to spend the afternoon with Gran!


Paul and my dad went and played golf during the day Saturday and they had fabulous weather. While everyone was gone (conveniently during Ruthie's naptime) I took a delightful nap where nobody was coming to ask me for a bandaid or coming in my room to go to the bathroom.


On Sunday we went to church with my parents before heading back. The big girls got to go to the same Sunday School class which thrilled them and they got to hang out with their buddy Jacob. They ask about Jacob every time we go to Greenville so they were very happy to see him!

1 comment:

  1. Jacob enjoyed playing with Emmie and Ellie as well. He gets excited when I tell him they are visiting. I got to hold Ruthie almost the entire time she was in the nursery. All your girls are precious.

    ReplyDelete