Friday, November 21, 2014

Mommy's Little Helper and Catching Up

This post is going to be a random collection of pictures from this past week. I've been busy planning for birthday parties, ordering Christmas cards, working on Christmas list, buying Christmas presents, sewing, and chasing a very cute, but into everything, baby around.


Today I was doing laundry and Ruthie crawled in to the laundry room. She normally will play around with the clothes in the dryer. Today she held up a sock for me so I took it and she thanked her and so then she started taking everything out and handing the clothes to me. It was so cute. If she dropped something on the floor she would pick it up and bring it over to me. I love her.



It's been so cold this week but on Monday it was close to 70 but POURING rain. My girls love to play in the rain so after we picked Emmie up from school those crazy children insisted on putting on their bathing suits and going out to play. They didn't last too long out in the cold.



On Tuesday it was super cold outside but I knew Franklin had to get a walk as he hadn't had one the day before due to the rain. I decided it would be easier to take him in the chilly morning while it was just Ruthie and me than to wait for the afternoon when I'd have to take all of the girls. Ruthie won't keep a hat on and it was FREEZING outside so I pulled out the moby wrap and snuggled her next to me and then wrapped a big fleece jacket around both of us. I must say she was a warm little walking buddy!



Ellie generally doesn't wake up very happy from her naps (or in the morning...it's possible she takes after her Mom). Usually she just has to deal because I'm trying to get Ruthie awake and fed. The other day I woke up Ellie first and she just wanted to snuggle. She's such a snuggle bug and just seems to melt into you when you hold her...I love it.



On Wednesday Lindsay, Mason, and Madison were in town so they came over in the afternoon. We played outside for a little while and the kids had so much fun in the leaves! (Also my children were asleep in record time that night...school/church nursery in the morning, no naps, lots of playing outside and church again that night...they were worn out!)




I LOVE the expression on Mason's face!


Ellie has always been my more laid back child but the other night she was playing with the magnets on the refrigerator and apparently she has a bit of Type A personality in her!



Ruthie has become obsessed with our super obnoxious ride-on cars (thanks Abby). If you've read my blog for awhile you know that these toys are the worst.present.ever. so of course my kids have all loved them. Since Ruthie became interested in the cars it has caused the big girls to want to play with them often. I got a big kick out of Ellie the other day.



Emmie loves to play teacher. Today she was sitting at the table teaching her imaginary class how to pray...it was so, so sweet. Then she read them bible stories. I love that.



In addition to being a pro at climbing stairs, Ruthie has also learned how to climb into our little rocking chair. She LOVES to sit there and just rock, rock, rock. If she's feeling especially wild and daring she will try to stand up but normally she does really well about staying sitting down. She's even figured out how to get back down safely (most of the time...I did move it out of the den and into the big girls' room so that it was at least on carpet).


No comments:

Post a Comment