Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Everyday Moments



Most of the time I post pictures of "events" but while those things are fun and are great memories, my favorite memories are the everyday moments. I was upstairs reading in my favorite chair the other day and looked up to see this scene. These sisters love each other so much and these are the moments I strive to capture in pictures, however usually by the time I've rounded up a camera they've moved on the other things.

I love watching their personalities develop and seeing how, while very different, their personalities compliment each other so well.
Emmie is my oldest child with the personality to go with it! She is the leader (that's a nice way of saying bossy) and the mommy and always has to be the loudest. She watches out for everyone and is generally looking for a way to help whether it's helping Ellie get dressed in the morning or helping her make her bed, reading a book to her little sisters, helping Ellie wash her hands, or helping feed Ruthie. She loves to write and she loves to teach her little sisters. She has a wonderful imagination.
Ellie is the fun one. She's generally quieter than Emmie and is usually fine with not being the center of attention. Ellie is pretty content to go along with what Emmie wants to do but when she puts her foot down you know it...she screeches! She loves books and would let me read to her all day. She loves to snuggle and swing and color. If you can't find Ellie then she's probably off somewhere having fun...which usually means I'm going to have a big mess to clean up but I'll laugh the whole time. She is our comedian and has the best facial expressions.
Ruthie's personality is still developing. Ruthie is pretty laid back. She goes with the flow and right now is pretty content to let the big girls dictate the play. As soon as she gets up in the morning she looks for them and her eyes light up when she sees them. She doesn't really get upset about too much but when she does you know it! If something happens that she doesn't like she gets MAD. Ruthie is very decisive. If she's decided she doesn't want to do something (or that she does want to do something she's not supposed to) there's no changing her mind. Ruthie loves her sisters. She's pretty sure they hung the moon. She's my rough and tumble kid. She loves to wrestle. She's always on the go. She loves to swing and she loves to "dance" when she hears music. She definitely has a silly side to her. She loves when her sisters make funny faces and she loves to be silly with them. Ruthie has a tender side. She often gets upset when her sisters cry and wants to check on them.
I love these sweet sisters and I love how much they love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment