Thursday, October 16, 2014

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I blogged and so this post is just going to be a mix of stuff.


A few weeks ago I took the big girls to Emerson's birthday. They had a bounce house, face painting, and a karaoke machine. The girls had such a great time!


Emmie the butterfly. (Ellie didn't want to get her face painted)






We're well settled into our school year routine now. The girls are all enjoying school (Ellie especially is loving school...she waited all of last year to get the chance to go. She tells me every.single.detail and I love it!) and dance (E&E) and My Gym (Roo), along with all the new church activities they have this year. The girls love the chances they get to play together and now that Ruthie is big enough to play with them they have sooo much fun (especially Ruthie, she loves being included in the fun!). I love the moments where I catch the girls having sweet sister time.




Today the girls are on Fall Break so we went to the zoo. They had lots of fun and Ruthie was definitely interested in the animals this time which was fun. The big girls wanted to pose on every statue at the zoo...it was kind of funny! The Lorry birds were really aggressive today and at one point Ruthie had one sitting on her head...she was mostly oblivious. I guess that's what comes from being the third child...


Emmie sat on this fence and posed and asked me to take her picture...funny girl!




Emmie's hair is long enough to put in two braids now and she loves her braids...guess I need to learn to French braid!

I love Ellie's expression!


Riding the ponies...one of their favorite things!



Tonight we had girl's night. I was going to fix pizza for us but the girls wanted leftover bbq sandwiches. So that's what they had and I had the pizza. Ruthie ate her weight in bbq and green beans...that girl LOVES to eat but I have no idea where she puts it...guess it takes a lot of calories to chase sisters and a puppy around. I let the girls eat dinner in the den (one of their favorite treats!) while they watched some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

(Check out my pumpkins on the mantle...I had a crafty moment a week ago and decided to decorate the mantle for fall. I love it!)

After dinner they ate some Halloween pumpkins they had picked out from Target earlier. They probably ate too many and were WIRED for the next hour or so.

Once they had finished eating we did makeup. They (especially Emmie) love to watch me put it on and so it's super special for them to get to wear makeup. We were going to paint fingers and toes as well but ran out of time...that will be on the agenda for tomorrow! (Also, I definitely should have had them wash their faces before the makeup...they clearly enjoyed their BBQ sandwiches!)





No comments:

Post a Comment