Monday, February 24, 2014

Things I'm Loving

I'm always on the lookout for a good book to read. The last time Paul and I went to see a movie there was a preview for Divergent. I had heard of the books but hadn't read them yet. The preview looked really good so I went home and put the books on my Kindle. SO GOOD! It's a trilogy and the first one is the best and the third one is a little slow but overall they get an A plus. 
amazon.com
Also I recently found a list of 16 books to read before they hit theaters this year and I can't wait to check them out! I have already read Divergent which I loved, Gone Girl which I was not a fan of, and I read The Giver a long time ago but plan to reread it. I think the next book on the list I'll read is The Monuments Men.
  • Probiotics. This one may sound strange but if Dr. Oz says that aquaphor is the duct tape of dermatology then in my opinion probiotics are the duct tape of gastroenterology. Ellie was on probiotics back when she was a baby. She had been on Prevacid because her GI tract was super acidic, causing sores on her bottom and when we stopped the prevacid the sores came back so we tried probiotics...problem solved. After we potty trained her we started having some potty issues. Sometimes when she went to the bathroom she would scream and shake from the pain. It was pretty awful to watch. So I pulled the probiotics back out and after a week or two on them the problem was pretty much fixed. Sweet girl feels so much better and so do we!

  • I'm almost done with the quilts for Emmie and Ellie's beds. I absolutely LOVE the fabric (Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille) and I can't wait to see the finished product. I have pieced them together so now I just have to find a time to go to Kristy's and pin them and quilt them (she has a mac daddy machine which is much better than mine for the actual quilting part).
bundle


  • Aden and Anais blankets. These weren't around when I was pregnant with Emmie and registering for baby items. However since they've been around I've heard a lot about how wonderful they are for swaddling. I mentioned to Clara that I was planning to get some to use with Baby #3 and she was so sweet and gave them to us for a present :)  and I absolutely LOVE them!

  • I love the big bow but the headbands they go on just don't stay on a baby's head very well. I grabbed this bow the other day at Target to go with Ruthie's Valentine's pants and I LOVE it. It stayed on her head so well! So of course I went back and got some more little bows!

 
  • Grassroots Soap Company - My friend Christina started making soaps a year or so ago and she has since branched out to other bath products along with lotions and the most amazing chapstick (I have the honey citrus and it's great!).  I think the Rosemary Mint scent is my favorite (but I definitely want to try the cucumber peel) and I think my favorite product is the key lime sugar scrub. Christina made some diaper cream for Ruthie which is excellent although we haven't been able to really give it a true test run because Ruthie has been lucky enough to not have any diaper rash. I definitely plan on snagging some of the baby soap so she has now!

  • Publix baby club. I LOVE the publix baby club especially since the first mailing they send you has TONS of freebies! If you have a baby and haven't signed up yet you should head over to their website and do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment