Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Fun

Today Paul and I were BOTH home which hasn't happened in ages. We got up early and took the girls to the zoo which was lots of fun (and so much easier when there's another adult to help herd small children!).













When we got home from the zoo we ate lunch and then we all crashed for a few hours. I think even Emmie took a little nap! After naps we went hung out and played and then ate dinner. After dinner we took the girls outside to ride bikes. Emmie got a balance bike last Christmas and is starting to really get the hang of it and is getting a lot braver. My hope is that we can work on her balancing a lot this fall and she'll get it figured out and then we can get her a big girl bike for Christmas! This is a balance bike in case you've never heard of one.

I heard about them about a year ago when I was in the consignment shop one day and someone was talking about them. The idea is that they learn to balance on a bike that's low to the ground and then you buy them a regular bike with pedals and they never have to use training wheels because they already know how to balance. This is perfect for Emmie because as cautious as she is I'm pretty sure she would still be using training wheels in college if we started with them! (By the way, Emmie's is a Kazam bike and I highly recommend them...they have AWESOME customer service...the first bike we got had an issue with the seat and I emailed the company and someone called me within 10 minutes and talked me through some troubleshooting steps and when those didn't fix it they shipped us a new bike which we got within a few days!) After bike riding it was time for a little ice cream treat and then baths and bed!
It was so nice to have a relaxing day together as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment