Thursday, September 5, 2013

1st Day of 3K!



After a whole summer of anticipation Emmie finally had her first day of 3k today! We went yesterday so she could meet her teacher and see her classroom and she was so scared and nervous. It was really overwhelming for her because most of the kids were there plus their parents so it was pretty crowded in the room. Yesterday she dressed up in a Minnie Mouse dress and then sat in a corner and we read books as she looked around with big eyes. (Ellie meanwhile jumped right into playing with all the other kids!) 
Last night I laid out her clothes for today, including her bow and rubberband for her hair. This morning when I got up at 7:30 Emmie came running into my room all dressed, shoes and everything, and told me she was ready to go to school but she needed me to help her with her hair. So I went in her room and she had gotten her brush out and apparently tried to brush and fix her hair...so cute! Then she had to wait and wait until it was time to go to school as they split the class in half today and she was in the second group so she didn't go until 10:45. She was sooooo nervous on the way to school and had an iron grip on my hand walking in but once we got to her classroom she went right in and started playing. It was really nice that there were only 5 kids there at the same time so it was much less overwhelming. I'm pretty sure there were many more tears from the moms than from the kids! (Ellie, by the way, was not so pleased about the fact that she didn't get to go play again today and she spent the whole time Emmie was at school asking me when we were going to pick her up.) When I picked Emmie up she was all smiles and while she wouldn't tell me what she did at school she did tell me she liked her teachers and her new friends. I know she's going to have a GREAT year at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment