Sunday, September 29, 2013

Disney 2013 - the journey

We got back from Disney World today so I have lots of pictures and stories to share! This post is about our trip to Orlando...

We left for Disney on Wednesday morning but we had quite the eventful few days before...Emmie started throwing up Saturday while I was at work. I called in Sunday to work and by mid day Emmie appeared to be much better. I thought we were in the clear. Until 2am on Monday morning when Ellie started throwing up. My late Monday she seemed all better. Both of my girls have only thrown up once in their entire lives and of course they pick up a virus days before going to Disney. I did the math and figured if Paul and I were going to be the next victims we would probably have it on Tuesday or Wednesday. We managed to escape, or so we thought, and the rest is a story for a different day of our Disney journey.

I have to brag a little about my girls. They were AWESOME car riders on the way to Disney. I had lots of books and other distractions packed and didn't even have to pull them out except for two books right at the end of the trip. The girls entertained each other the whole way in the car...one of the advantages of having children 19 months apart! When we planned the trip we originally thought we would stay in Jacksonville overnight on the way down. Then after looking at our itinerary I decided that maybe we should try to get a little closer so we were aiming for Daytona Beach, which is about a hour from Disney. We decided to wait to get a hotel until the day of, just in case we needed to stop earlier. We'll surprise surprise we made it all the way to Orlando! The trip took 7 hours which included  2 quick bathroom stops and  a stop at chick-fil-a for lunch.
(This is about an hour into our trip. Apparently Ellie was tired of hearing Emmie talk!)


After we left lunch Paul and I decided that we could make it to Orlando so I got online and booked a hotel. I booked one based solely on price, a swimming pool, and free breakfast and totally scored! We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites -Sea World and it was amazing! The pool had a wading area with a splash area and there were also a lot of other kids for the girls to play with. There was also a reasonably priced grill at the pool so we got dinner there and avoided having to get back in the car.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment