Saturday, February 16, 2013

Snowflakes

I was so excited when the forecast called for some snow today. Debbie Downer (aka Paul) rudely tried to burst my happy bubble by telling me that it wouldn't snow today but I believed!
When all your 3 year old asks for is snow and an Ariel doll for Christmas you hope and pray all winter that it will snow. I had pretty much given up on the snow thing...after all it's mid February and it was 70 degrees most of the month of January.
Lo and behold Ellie and I were at My Gym today and it started to snow! Sadly Paul and Emmie were at home and were upstairs and didn't see it and I called but Paul's phones were downstairs so he didn't hear me calling. By the time we left My Gym the snow had turned back into rain and by lunchtime it looked like the skies were clearing up. So I once again gave up on snow for Emmie.
Then the rain started again right before dinner and then the wintery mix started and then more snow! We bundled the girls up in their ski bibs and jackets and boots and sent them out to play in the snowflakes (sadly, I didn't get any pictures of that). After about 5 minutes it turned back into rain but I was so happy that Emmie got to see snow at her house!
After dinner I went to take some trash out and walked out into the garage and the snow was coming down pretty heavy!!! We had no idea! I hollered for Emmie and she was so excited! Ellie was too! Poor girls were in their PJs so we only stayed out for a few minutes but we were able to catch some snowflakes in our hands and on our tongues!

No comments:

Post a Comment