Sunday, December 16, 2012

Emmie's 3rd Birthday Party!



This captures EXACTLY how Emmie felt about her birthday party!
Today we had Emmie's 3rd Birthday Party! (Her actual birthday is tomorrow.) It's hard to believe our "little bit" is already THREE! Emmie has been preparing for her birthday for about a month now. Preperations include reciting her birthdate multiple times a day, having "birthday parties" for everyone in the house, talking multiple times a day about our plans for her birthday party, and singing many rounds of "happy birthday"! Like last year we had her birthday party at My Gym. Emmie has been sooo excited about all her friends coming to My Gym to play. Last year she was very overwhelmed by the whole birthday party thing but this year she was WIDE OPEN.

The outfit I made Emmie for her birthday. I love it and it was relative easy to make!

Ellie Bellie wore her cupcake shirt!

Princess party invitations. My favorite part is the "RSVP to the Queen"! (I ordered them from Aimee Creation on Etsy)


While Emmie was taking her nap today I went and got her flowers and birthday balloons. She woke up in such a bad mood (she wakes up like her Mama!) but once she saw the balloons she perked right up! She drug those balloons all over the house and insisted that we take the princess balloon with us to My Gym.


I LOVE the expression on her face...pure joy!

Last year at Emmie's party she didn't know either of the instructors but she knew both of them this year so I think that helped it be less overwhelming for her. Gabby used to teach Emmie's class and Lexi teaches her class here and there. Lexi and Gabby were FABULOUS and really helped make Emmie's birthday super!

When we got to My Gym the swings were out which pleased my little girls to no end. And not only were the swings out but the DOLPHIN swings were out which are Emmie's favorite!

Uncle Blake pushing Emmie on the swing.


"To infinity and beyond!!" (Apparently Ellie went to the Buzz Lightyear party!)

Everett, Emmie, Mason

Mason, Ellie, Mason, and Parker

Arlie, Cameron, Everett

Will, Ellie, Caroline, Mary Pinckney, GG

Ellie went and sat with Will and his aunt during circle time and Will was helping her do all the exercises. Will has always been so sweet to Ellie!
GG doing the exercises. Soon to be Aunt Emily and Uncle Blake!

Gran doing her exercises :)

Will's little brother Griffin. Isn't he adorable in his glasses?

Emmie was so sweet holding on to Ellie on the big swing!

Arlie, Emmie, and Ellie

Mason, Mary Pinckney, Everett, and Caroline

Parker (and Mason's legs). I wish I had gotten a picture of Parker from the back. If he and Ellie were wearing the same clothes and you were looking at them from the back you wouldn't be able to tell them apart! They have the EXACT same color hair and the same curls. The only difference is that Parker has a few more curls. It's kind of crazy!

Griffin played too!

Ellie

Emmie swinging

Ellie loved the trapeeze!

Announcing Her Royal Highness Princess Emmie!

Our attempt at getting a group shot...haha!

Ellie, Parker, Cameron, Nicholas, Emmie

Emmie wouldn't blow out her cupcake because she said "it would be hot". Guess I don't have to worry about her playing with fire!
PS. I made the cupcakes and I must say they were quite delicious! They were chocolate cupcakes with a strawberry frosting and they were AMAZING if I do say so myself! I added some hot pink sprinkles and a little princess cupcake topper. I didn't realize until I sat down to do the blog that I didn't have a picutre of the cupcakes. I'll have to take one tomorrow. :)

 Mason, Arlie, Will, and Cameron



Emmie took a lick of her icing and that was it. Last year she didn't even touch her cupcake so we're making progress! She's so funny because she talks about the cupcakes for days beforehand and then doesn't even touch them when it comes time to eat. On the way to My Gym she was worried that her friends would eat all her cupcakes. She also told GG that she couldn't have a cupcake until Mommy had one (I think she meant until Mommy said it was ok). She's a funny girl!

Mason

Emmie LOVES the zipline!

And so does Ellie!


After the party the grandparents came back to the house for hamburgers and hot dogs. After we ate Emmie got to open her presents (and Ellie had a few to open as well!). She was so cute "reading" all the cards. 

I thought we were NEVER going to get done opening presents! Everytime she opened a present she had to ooh and ahh over it and then wanted it open so she could play with it and then after she played with it for a few minutes we MIGHT be able to pry her away to open another present. I'm so glad Santa is bringing most of her Christmas presents...we won't have too many to unwrap!


Emmie got so many wonderful presents including LOTS of princess things. She is BEYOND THRILLED with all of her presents. This birthday has ushered in a new stage in our household...less of the baby toys and more of the girly toys! (Paul's not so sure what to think of that).

Paul and I are so thankful for all of our wonderful family and friends who helped make Emmie's birthday so special. I still can't believe that 3 years ago today we were at the hosptial and getting ready for induction the next day. We had no clue how much our lives were going to change and how much we would love the little person who entered our lives on December 17, 2009 but we wouldn't trade these 3 years for the world! We love you Emerson Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment