Monday, December 17, 2012

3 Years Old

*I'll be going back and adding some more pictures and links to other posts but I wanted to get this up on her actual birthday. I'll repost it when I do the updates!*
I am 3 years old!!

  • I weigh 33lb and am 38.5in tall. I have gained 3.5in and 3lb since last year! I am in the 83rd percentile for height and the 73rd percentile for weight.
  • I wear a size 3t or 4t pants, a size 4t or 5t shirt, a size 3t or 4t dress, and a size 8 shoe.
  • I have been potty trained for 11 months and I do great!

  • I go to bed at 7:30 but sometimes I'm awake until 10 or 11! I'm usually up between 7 and 7:30 in the morning. For a long time this year I didn't take a nap but I've started taking one again...usually I sleep for about an hour.
  • I sleep in a toddler bed.
  • I love to sing. I know lots of songs and I love to make up songs as well.
  • I have a very active imagination.
  • I love anything princess!
  • I'm not big into baby dolls but I LOVE my stuffed animals and I also love small figurine dolls (such as the ones with my dollhouse and I got a Snow White barbie for my birthday that I love).
  • I talk REALLY well and lots of the things I say are hilarious!
  • I definitely have selective hearing. I can ignore someone like a pro...this makes Mommy and Daddy a little crazy.
  • I love Franklin and we seem to understand each other's boundaries.
  • I can tell you my birthday is December 17.
  • I have a very dramatic personality. I feel things very deeply and the littlest thing can cause me to break down in tears. On the other hand I also laugh and smile a lot. You just never know which Emmie you're going to get!
  • I'm very polite. My new thing is to say "thank you for coming to my house/my party, etc.
  • I don't like for other children to cry.
  • Most of the time I really like playing with my sister. I can always get her to calm down if she's crying at bedtime.
  • I sleep with my mousie and blank-blank (although the blanket designated as blank-blank changes every so often).
  • I LOVE raincoats and my rain boots.
  • My favorite TV shows are Super Why, Dinosaur Train, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • I can recognize about half of my letters and I know the sounds some of them make. I can also recognize some of my numbers.
  • I can almost count to twenty. I get a little confused around 14 and 15 but generally manage to get back on track. What's funny is that 4 and 5 were the numbers I had trouble with when I was learning to count to 10.
  • I often talk about going to school and needing to do my homework. Mommy hopes I still want to do my homework 10 years from now!
  • I love going to the zoo. I like the elephants, giraffes, barnyard animals, and the alligator the best. I LOVE riding the train and feeding the lorry birds and the last time we were at the zoo I got to ride the pony...so much fun!
  • I love to read books. One of my favorite things to read right now is my High Five magazine (from Highlights). I like to read them over and over and over. Mommy and Daddy are SO appreciative of Gran for getting them for me!
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. I talk about the beach all the time...even in the middle of winter!

  • I am super independent.
  • I enjoy organizing activites. Things such as picnics and tea parties, and birthday parties. Perhaps I'll be a party planner!
  • I like to play doctor.
  • I like to eat. I love snack foods like goldfish and pretzels. I love PB&J. I love salad and salmon. I love any kind of fruit.
  • I love shoes and clothes.
  • I have an obsession with bikes and I got a balance bike for my birthday.
  • I like to go shopping and I'm a good little shopper and a good helper.
  • This year I had some friends move away. Ivy and Will both moved BUT the good thing is that they both moved to Greenville so I can still see them when I go visit Gran!
  • I love Christmas lights, including the ones on the tree. I'm obsessed with Christmas trees.
  • This year I had so many adventures. I went to the mountains with GG, Papa, Emily, and Uncle Blake. I went to the Children's Garden, the zoo, the waterpark, and Edventure with my friends. I went to the Children's Museums in Greenville and Charleston. I've been to the beach many times including a week at Kiawah with Gran, Grandaddy,and Uncle Ben. I've been to an Easter, Halloween, and Thanksgiving party. I visited the Easter Bunny and Santa.I went to a Carolina football game and loved it! I picked strawberries. I went to Miler and kissed Hoby again. I went to some birthday parties. I got to meet many new babies in our lives: Elizabeth, Adam, Griffin, Andrew, Olivia, and Mary Ruth. I went to a Blowfish Game and watched the fireworks. I celebrated Ellie's first birthday. I've been to My Gym camp and love it. I've spent holidays with my favorite girl second cousins and even got to go visit them in NC at the end of the summer! I went on my first boat ride. I went trick or treating as Little Bo Peep and loved every minute of it. I went and saw the Christmas lights at the zoo and at Saluda Shoals Park.I went to the dentist. I went to a Summerville football game. I played in the snow and in the leaves.I fed chickens and gathered eggs. I went to the fair. I did all these things and more and made lots of wonderful memories. I definitely live life to the fullest every day!
    Dec. 17, 2009

December 17, 2010
    December 17, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment