Saturday, September 10, 2011

things I'm loving this week...

 NCAA College Football Logos for Myspace
So proud of my Gamecocks for beating UGA.  This is a HUGE game in my family as my dad went to Georgia and I grew up a big Georgia fan.  The game was really good (as it usually is) and I can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds for USC!
http://www.toysrus.com/
 We got this Fisher Price playhouse for Emmie for Christmas last year and it is one of her favorite toys right now.  I love it too!  It plays tons of songs (including ABC and Itsy Bitsy Spider) and she'll play them over and over and sing along.  I love all the things there are for her to learn as well.  I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with a small child.


http://www.toysrus.com/
Leslie and Brad got this Fisher Price puppy for Emmie for her 1st birthday (although hers is pink and much cuter). It talks about colors and body parts and also sings lots of songs (including head and shoulders). For awhile Emmie didn't quite know what to do with it and she would just randomly push buttons and then ignore it but lately she has figured out all the fun things it does and she plays with it a lot!

http://www.amazon.com/
 I'm almost done reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I've thouroughly enjoyed it.  It was a little tedious and slow in the beginning but once I got into the meat of the story I flew through the book.  The only sad thing?  My reading light died so I haven't been able to read it while I feed Ellie in the middle of the night.  I can't wait till the library gets books for Kindle so that I don't have this problem anymore. (Or even better Ellie could start sleeping through the night!)

If you haven't discovered pinterest you're missing out.  It's a great way to share ideas with other people and it's super addicting.  The way it works is you have boards that you can pin things to. Recipies, craft ideas, clothing, etc and you can follow other people's boards and if you like something you can repin it to one of your boards.  I've already found some really cute craft ideas and some yummy recipes that I'm going to try!

I LOVE zulily.  They have great deals on adorable clothes for children (they also have things for adults too!).  For me, it's a great way to get the girls matching outfits.  Everything on the site is generally at least 50% off adn I love that they often have smocked dresses from companies like Rosalina.  Another perk?  If you refer a friend you get a $15 credit when they make their first purchase!  (So if you want to join, click on the link above please!)

All the babies that are going to be showing up soon (or have just arrived).  My DZ big sister Leslie and her husband Brad welcomed baby Stella today.  I know 4 people having babies in Feb/March!  Julie and Chris will welcome baby #2, Abby and Ben will welcome their first baby, Tiffany and Ric will have baby #3, and Anne and Bradley are having baby #2!  It's going to be a fun spring with all the new babies!


http://www.babiesrus.com/

I was having a problem with Ellie kicking her feet out of her swaddle blanket and then it would make her really mad but she wasn't ready for the regular sleep sack so I got her this and she LOVES it!  I was hoping it would help the sleeping through the night situation which it hasn't yet but it definitely keeps her swaddled great.  She's only managed to wiggle her arms out once which is good because she loves being swaddled.  If she falls asleep without being swaddled she'll often have her arms crossed over her chest like she would if she was swaddled...it's pretty cute! 


http://www.flylady.net/
I discovered FlyLady from one of my Facebook friends and it's great!  It's all about organizing your life and keeping your house clean without being overwhelmed.  It's great because you have a small task to do everyday that doesn't take long but by doing a small task everyday for a week in the same room you make a big difference!


And of course I'm loving my little girls! 
Emmie was so sweet today.  She packed up one of her little bags she carries around and told me bye-bye (still haven't figured out where she was going) and walked out of the den.  A few seconds later she came back and told Ellie bye-bye and gave her a kiss...and then I got a kiss goodbye too!  What a sweet girl!

Since Paul was home so much last weeknd and this week Emmie has REALLY turned into a Daddy's Girl.  Almost everyday this week when I put her down for her nap she asks for her Daddy in this really pitiful sleepy voice and then when I tell her he's at work she says "phone?".  We've had to call him a few times after she's woken up from her nap so she can say hi. 

Ellie has been so much more awake this week and I'm loving it!  It feels like she's really joining the world and becoming a person.  She's also been super smiley.  Sometimes I'll be in the middle of doing something and I'll look over at her and she's just grinning at me.  She loves to smile at everyone and one of my favorite things is to see her smile at Emmie...I love how much they love each other!

Want to know where a pacifier is in our house? (I often want to know this...between Emmie and Franklin it's a constant battle to keep up with the pacifiers!)  If Ellie starts crying Emmie will run go get one (she always seems to know where one is) and run back and shove it in Ellie's mouth.  So how do you find a pacifier?  Pinch the baby!  (haha...jk...although it would work)

No comments:

Post a Comment