Tuesday, May 17, 2011

17 Months



I am 17 months old!

  • I wear a size 4 diaper.
  • I wear 18mo pants, 24mo or 2t shirts, 18-24mo dresses, and 2t pajamas.
  • I have 8 teeth that are all the way in, 1 that's almost in, and probably 3 more that are very close to coming in!
  • I sleep about 12 hours at night (7:30-7:30) and take about a 2 hour nap after lunch.  I generally go down very quickly for naps and bedtime but sometimes I still want to play but I'm content to sit in my crib and read my books if I'm not ready to sleep.
  • I've started showing interest in using a fork and spoon...my mom is relieved that maybe I won't go to college eating everything with my hands!
  • I've enjoyed lots of fresh strawberries this month.  However, until today I wouldn't even touch the fresh blackberries.  Once I tasted them though I loved them.
  • I'm generally a very happy and sweet girl and I love to laugh and be silly!
  • This month I got the Elmo's Potty Time DVD and I've enjoyed watching it and learning about going to the potty.  Every once in a while I will go get a diaper after I've wet mine.  Mommy thinks I'm going to be ready to potty train very soon.  We'll probably potty train in early June when Mommy has a good stretch off from work.
  • I have LOTS of new words!  I will pretty much repeat anything someone says to me.  Some of my new words are "Gran", "pretty", "Grandaddy" and "baby".  
  • I have learned the sign for "thank you".
  • I got some pigtails this month!
  • I discovered that the backyard pool is lots of fun and I can't wait to go to the big swimming pool!
  • I learned some new body parts this month, including elbow ("bo-bo") and shoulders.
  • I like to color.
  • I've learned how to climb up into the kitchen chair by myself.
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to play outside.  I don't even need any toys...just the great outdoors!
  • This month I celebrated Easter with both sides of my family. I went to Gran and Grandaddy's on Saturday and to their church on Sunday and then I went to NC to celebrate with Papa Coach and GG and the Hedrick clan!  I had soooo much fun playing with all the little girls!  We also had an Easter Egg Hunt.

  • This month I went to the Greenville Zoo and the Children's Garden (quite a few times!).

  • I go to My Gym twice a week (once for class and once for free play) and I go to the library once a week for storytime.
  • This month I also went to a puppet show at the library and the puppets were fun but even better was the little girl sitting in front of me dressed like a giraffe!
  • This month my friend Liv moved to Ashville...it was very sad.
  • This month my Gran finished her chemo...yay!
 
  • This month I (probably?) had roseola.  I was kind of pitiful for a couple days but quickly got back to my same old self!

No comments:

Post a Comment