Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Day in the Life...

Yesterday was such a crazy day that I decided that today we were just going to hang out at the house and not do anything we didn't want to do!  Yesterday we were in the car ALL DAY!  I drove back from Greenville, unloaded the car and fed Emmie lunch, went to the grocery store, came home and Emmie took a nap,  took Franklin to the groomers, came home to feed Emmie, went to pick Franklin up from the groomers, came home for a few minutes, went out to dinner with some girls from church at Takosushi (by that point I was soooo glad to go hang out with friends and to stop moving for a few minutes).  Sadly, the restaurant does not have highchairs which means that I have to hold Emmie the whole time and it's quite difficult to eat sushi while trying to keep everything out of the grasp of a 7mo. old (I discussed the lack of highchairs with the waiter...hopefully they'll have them soon!).  The lack of highchair also meant that I had to feed Emmie while she was in her carrier so that was just added to the time that she was strapped in the carrier.  Anywho...then we got back in the car to go home and when I started the car up the thermometer read at 110 degrees and it only dropped down to about 95...yuck...no wonder Emmie was so grouchy...just thinking about it made me grouchy!  By the time we got home and played for a few minutes it was bathtime and then bedtime...a LONG, LONG, busy day!
So that brings me to today.  Which was a complete 180 from yesterday. 
Emmie slept until about 8 and all morning we just sat around and played (she had a great time pulling everything out of my pump bag) and then she went down for a nap about 10:40 and went down sooo easy which was a very nice change from the recent shrieking at naptime.  I jumped in the shower when I put her down and then debated whether I had time to get a nap...luckily I opted for the nap because she slept until 12:10...yay!  After lunch we played for awhile and Emmie had the best time entertaining herself.  She has started saying "ba-ba" and she says it ALL.THE.TIME.  It is sooo funny !  (Whenever she does it I quickly reply with "ma-ma"...haha!)  We were playing upstairs and she crawled under the pool table and sat up and so I put a blanket on top of the table to make a "fort" for her.  She had the BEST time playing peek-a-boo with me from her fort! 


I forsee many hours of fort playing in her future!  She also enjoyed peeking out from behind the legs of the pool table. 

(In case you're wondering why she's just in a diaper it's because she was still in her pajamas and then had a poopy diaper that went up her back and I just hadn't gotten around to putting clothes back on her yet!)

She went down for her afternoon nap about 3:15 and around 4 I though hmmm...perhaps I should start thinking about dinner...oops!  Luckily I had some chicken in the fridge and after Emmie woke up at 4:15 and ate we ran to the grocery store and by 6 I had a yummy chicken parmesan and salad on the table (I was a little impressed...esp. since the first time I made chicken parm it took me 2hrs. to make the 30min meal :)...).  So Emmie and I ate dinner and then I cleaned up while she emptied out the tupperware cabinet...but she had a great time doing it and I got all the dishes done so all was good!  Then we took Franklin on a walk and stopped at Addison's house to play for a few minutes.  Plus I needed to see all the cute clothes Rebekah had bought for Addison at Daff-a-deals, the super fabulous consignment shop/boutique near our house.  Apparently they have 50% off their summer clothes right now...I forsee a shopping trip in my future!  We came home, Emmie, got a bath, and went to bed without a peep and in time for me to watch Andrew get voted off of Big Brother and see Rachel win HOH...AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment