Monday, March 8, 2010

"It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" and "I'm a Big Girl Now"

Oh how true!  The last few days have been GORGEOUS!  We've been on many long walks (Rebekah and I took Addison, Emmie, and Franklin around the neighborhood about 5 or 6 times today), played outside with Franklin, and over all have truely enjoyed every last sunshiney minute.  One of the best things about the warm weather is that I get to dress Emmie in all her cute little summery outfits...I can resist buying her clothes until it comes to cute little sundresses.  This was the one she wore today...so cute! 
Since Emmie was born I have been so frustrated over the fact that she doesn't like her swing.  Before she was born everyone told me how great the swing would be and how EVERY baby LOVES the swing.  Not only did Emmie not love her swing but she would cry when you put her in it (unless she was already asleep...she does take many naps there).  Lately I've noticed that whenever Emmie is in her carseat or her bouncer (or reclining anywhere else) she spends much of the time she's in there doing crunches (aka trying to sit up) so I finally had the great idea to sit the seat of her swing up...it's amazing - she likes it (doesn't quite love it yet but we're getting there)!  This is a whole new world for me...I can actually do things around the house without carting a baby around.  We also discovered that if we put her in her highchair while we eat, we can almost get through a whole meal without having to hold her!  Today I sat her up in the boppy on the couch and she had such a good time!  My little baby is growing up so fast!



1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! I don't know if you guys got a Bumbo seat, but I got Liv's at about 3 months and she LOVES it. She doesn't really like to be leaned back anymore either and she loves being able to "sit" up and look around.

    ReplyDelete