Sunday, February 7, 2010

A weekend of firsts...

This weekend Emmie had 2 "firsts". Paul was a manager for the football team at USC and every year the "old" managers and the current managers play against each other in the stadium. So yesterday we packed up Emmie and she took her first trip to Williams Brice Stadium! She was highly impressed and it was obvious that she is looking forward to spending MANY fall Saturdays there throughout her lifetime! Our other first is, of course, poop related. I was sitting on the couch downstairs and I had just finished feeding her when she started making noises like she was pooping. Next I smelled a suspicious smell so, being the wonderful wife I am, I take her upstairs to Paul, intending to get him to change the diaper without telling him it's dirty. Now, mind you, I didn't check to see if she really had a dirty diaper before I went upstairs...I just assumed she did. (I should also mention that the other day he changed a slightly dirty diaper and went on and on about how much poop there was...I was determined that he change a REAL diry diaper) We were sitting upstairs talking and cooing at Emmie and I turned her around so she could see Paul better and there was POOP half way up her back! As luck would have it she had been leaning against me the whole time so there was poop on my shirt as well...and on my arm...and on my jeans. Because I had poop on my Paul "got" to change the dirty diaper...well really he took the old one off, wiped her down and we through her in the bathtub which she needed because I forgot to mention she had peed through her clothes while we were at lunch. We're now on outfit number 3 in the last 4 hours and hoping that this one stays relatively clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment