Thursday, February 18, 2010

check-up

Yesterday Emmie had her 2 month visit to the doctor which means...SHOTS! EEK! She did so well with them...she cried for a minute after she got her shots and then she calmed right down. In the afternoon she was fussier and sleepier than normal but this morning she woke up her normal happy self! I was VERY glad to get the first round of shots behind us.
The exciting part of every doctor visit is seeing how much she's grown. Paul and I guess her height and weight before we go to the doctor. At 2 weeks I won both the height and weight catagories. This time Paul won the weight and I won the height! She is now 11pounds 3oz (she has officially passed Franklin who is about 10.5lb) and 22 1/2in. (Just to give you reference she was 8lb and 19 3/4in at birth and 8lb 9oz and 21in at 2 weeks.) I thought it would be neat to see how she compares to my size when I was a baby so I pulled out my baby book! At birth I was 6lb 14oz and 19 3/4in. At 2months I was 9lb 6oz and 23in. I think it's so neat to see how she compares to me! It also gives me lots of motivation to fill in her baby book so that one day she can look back and see how her child compares to her!
One thing that I cannot find in my baby book is the first time I slept through the night (although I'm pretty sure if you ask my mom she'll tell you it was the day my brother was born - when I was 7...haha)! However, I have Emmie's written all over her baby book...she's already consistently sleeping through the night...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment