Sunday, May 5, 2019

JP swim lessons

JP had swim lessons this past week. I was sooo dreading them. He doesn't even like water on his face at bathtime so I was sure swim lessons were going to be rough. He did surprisingly well. I told him he could get a treat from the snack stand every day if he did well and then if he did well all week he could go to target and pick out a big surprise. He wanted slippers to wear with his robe. There's a little bit of an old man inside of him.
The first day he cried quite a bit. The second day a little less and the third and fourth day he did great and didn't cry at all! (He still wasn't thrilled but no tears.)
I was SO proud of the progress he made this week. We've been doing swim lessons with Palmetto Aquatics for years but I think this was the first time one of the kids was with Coach Heath (or Coach Teeth as JP called him) and he was perfect for JP!




JP was so excited about his new super fuzzy slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment