Sunday, December 9, 2018

Celebrating Emmie

Emmie's birthday is in the middle of December but we had her party yesterday. She REALLY wanted a bounce house in the back yard so that was our plan! Sadly, the weather didn't cooperate and we had LOTS of rain all day. But we made the best of it and Emmie still had a great time at her party and I think her friends did too!

Thanks to some brainstorming by some of my friends I was able to come up with some cute crafts and things to do!
We started out with the girls getting food. All of the cute ideas were pinterest…I definitely can't claim any as my own!





Once they had their food I turned on the Wizard of Oz movie for them to watch. 


About 20 minutes into the movie I told them they were welcome at any point in time to come do any of the things we and set up in the kitchen: painting nails, making an ornament, face painting, and SLIME! I figured the girls would kind of wonder in and out but as soon as I said slime they all jumped up! It was a little wild and chaotic for a few minutes there but everyone got their slime made and I was very thankful for Ainsley and Anna, my slime making experts!



Shrinky Dink ornaments...they turned out so cute!




Towards the end of the party we had ice cream sundaes and sang Happy Birthday to Emmie. It's hard to believe that in a few weeks we'll have a 9 year old!



Franklin wore his blue gingham bandanna in honor of the Wizard of Oz party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment