Monday, October 22, 2018

Fair Fun


Ellie has been BEGGING to go to the fair the last few years so this year I got my act together in time to preorder tickets and pick a day to go. On Tuesday I picked the girls and Evelyn  up from school and then swung by and picked up Amy (Evelyn's mom) and we headed to the fair! We checked out the animals, watched a magic show, watched the pig race, ate LOTS of yummy food, saw some dinosaurs and checked out all the home made craft items...the kids were amazed (and Amy and I were quite impressed as well!). We also let each kid pick one ride to go on. Ellie and Evelyn rode the ferris wheel with Amy, JP and I rode the monster trucks (he was absolutely fixated on them after he saw them!) and Emmie and Ruthie did one of the fun houses. We spent a fun 3 hours at the fair and the kids are already making plans to go next year!


the duck slide...always entertaining!

Emmie volunteered for the magic show. Then she found out they were going to make her "float" on a board. She decided perhaps she didn't want to do that! She still got a participation prize though and I was really proud of her for volunteering!

That's our section's pig in the lead! He ended up winning and Emmie was the "cheerleader" for our side and so she got Oreos and a pig nose. Evelyn's pig won next and so she got them too!


The sand sculpture is always one of my favorite exhibits!





Evelyn and Ellie on the Ferris Wheel.

Ruthie and I got doughnut burgers. Honestly, they didn't taste too much different than a regular burger. I was quite impressed that Ruthie ate every bite of hers! (We had a discussion the other day about how much she had to weigh to move to a booster and I think she might have been trying to gain the needed 7lb in one meal!)


The kids got to pick a treat before we left...Emmie and JP had cotton candy and Roo and Ellie had an Icee.

No comments:

Post a Comment