Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Author Celebration

Today the 1st grade had an Author's Celebration where the parents came in and the kids got to read one of the opinion writings they had done during the year. Ellie as you know loves big words and so she has been telling us for the last few weeks that they are sharing their "opinion writings". I think saying makes her feel important!


Ruthie, JP and I went this morning to listen to her. She read her paper about her favorite weather but her other opinion writings were on her desk for us to look at. I loved reading her papers. Ellie is always so quiet and it's fun to get a little peek at her funny personality!


(It's hard to hear Ellie really well in the video so I included the words.)
"My favorite is sunny because it is pretty. The sun helps the plants grow. You can play in sunny weather. It is also very warm and hot. You never need a jacket in hot and sunny weather. The weather is just right for me. It is mostly hot and sunny in spring and summer. I don't like cold and bad weather. In May the warm weather starts. From May to August there is a lot of sunny weather. You can go to restaurants when it is sunny outside. You can play games outside in sunny weather. When it is rainy and cold outside you can not go outside. When it rains outside and the sun comes out there is a rainbow. There are also little droplets that shine on benches, chairs, and tables. The sun shines so proud and bright. She is so pretty. You can drink lemonade and munch on cookies. What is your favorite weather?"

I also took pics of her other writings.



This one was about veggies vs. fruits I think. It was a few pages long but this page made me chuckle. Ellie has a bit of a sweet tooth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment