Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day today!
Paul had left gorgeous roses and chocolate for me this morning and he also left each of the kids a rose and a little bowl of Hershey kisses. We all loved our surprises! (And I failed to take pictures)

The big girls took valentines to school today for their friends. We can't send candy so Emmie took applesauce that had an "I think you're awesomesauce" label on it and Ellie took teddy grahams with a "bear hugs" label. Ruthie has her party tomorrow and I melted down old crayons into a heart shaped silicone mold to make her valentines.

This evening we gave the kids their valentines present. I tried to come up with things that they really wanted and that would be very special for them.

Emmie got new matching pajamas for her and mousie. She had recently told me she wanted new matching pajamas since she has outgrown the last set.

Ellie got this fun sequined pillow and a sequined keychain. She has been obsessing over these pillows for weeks!

Ruthie was my hard one. I could NOT come up with anything. Then the other day she very sadly told me she had outgrown her slippers. DONE. So she got some new Minnie mouse slippers. They are super padded on the bottom and she thought it was so funny that she couldn't feel the floor.

JP got a stuffed Simba and a Lion King book. He is currently OBSESSED with Lion King and goes around telling everyone "me Simba!".

The kids were all thrilled with their gifts!

For those of you who follow me on facebook you might remember that a few weeks ago Emmie counted up all her money and told me that she had picked something out of the Kroger ad that she wanted to get for Paul for Valentine's Day. So I took her to the store and let her get her daddy a present. She picked out the Hershey's bar, paid for it at the cash register (and was thrilled that she got money back!), and tonight she was so excited to give it to Paul! She made sure to tell him that she bought it with her own money so he'd know just how special it was. :)
(The other kids gave Paul a bag of M&Ms)

After everyone went to bed Paul and I had a nice dinner of cheese fondue and Korean beef. It's always nice to have a (mostly) adult dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment