Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Our Halloween festivities started Friday with Ellie's Halloween party at school. I wasn't signed up to help but Ellie had been asking me all week if I was going to be there and I kept telling her no. Finally it dawned on me that she might want me there. I asked her Friday morning on the way to school (when she once again asked me if I was going to be there) if it was important to her for me to be there. She thought about it for a long time and said she would be ok if I wasn't there...I took that as her really wanting me there. Ellie doesn't ask for too much in life so after I dropped her off I ran home, fed JP, put Ruthie's costume on her, threw a snack and a cupcake in the diaper bag for Ruthie in case the ones at school had peanut butter ingredients, and headed back to preschool. Ellie was so excited when I got there and I'm so glad that I got to go. Ruthie of course had a great time getting to trick or treat with the big kids and join in all their festivities. Sometimes there are big advantages to being the little sister! I so wish I had gotten some pictures but in my rush to get out the door I forgot my camera. Suffice to say we had lots of fun!
On Halloween we went to a friend's neighborhood to trick or treat (but not before leaving some non-food treats on the front porch with our teal pumpkin). The kids were so excited to go to Ellie and Lexi's house and another family who's child was in preschool with Emmie was there as well. I love that we've been able to keep up with our sweet preschool friends even though our kids are all at different schools!
BFFs...Emmie and Ellie
We ate dinner, fed the two babies who needed to be fed (JP and David are about 3 weeks apart), put costumes on the kiddos, and then headed out! The kids had a blast and got a bucket full of candy. Emmie asked at every.single.house. if their candy had pb in it, no matter how many times I told her it was ok and we would sort it out later. She was very concerned.
JP in his pumpkin costume! He's clearly giving Paul a "save me" look! Fortunately for JP he only had to wear the pumpkin long enough to have his picture taken.
I wore this my first Halloween as did my brother and Ellie!
After we finished trick or treating we went back to Ellie and Lexi's house and the kids played, the men watched football, and us moms got to catch up! I am so thankful for these sweet friends who are in the same stage of life as we are!
Love these kids! (and we're glad that we've finally added some more boys to the group so poor John won't be quite so outnumbered in the future!)
trick or treating fun! (Ashley's little bump is another BOY for our group...all these girls and then 3 boys in a row!)

The kiddos were sooo ready to go to bed when we got home (after Ellie and Emmie ate a whole other meal...apparently trick or treating is hard work!) and we were all glad for the extra hour we got last night!
JP and David

No comments:

Post a Comment