Saturday, January 11, 2014

2 weeks old

Little Miss Ruthie is now 2 weeks (and 1 day) old! She is such a joy and we're all adjusting pretty well to life as a family of 6 (we have to include Franklin in the count of course!).

I will say that the adjustment would be even smoother if it was a tad bit warmer and stopped raining...the big sisters are going stir crazy...and so am I!! (There is hope...tomorrow is supposed to be 60 and sunny.)
Ruthie is still getting up every 3-4.5 hours at night and goes right back to sleep after she nurses so I'm managing to get a fair amount of sleep. Ruthie is such a content baby and I finally have a child that seems to somewhat enjoy the swing! The only time Ruthie fusses much is when she's tired, hungry, or needs a diaper change (and this little girl can go through some diapers...I generally change a soaking wet diaper before I feed her and before I put her down for her nap which is about 1.5 hours later and sometimes I change one in between those!).
Paul's parents came last Saturday and took the girls to My Gym, the library, and chick-fil-a. The girls enjoyed their outing and I definitely enjoyed the extra sleep I got!


My mom spent a few days with us last week and is coming back for a few days this week. It was really nice to have the extra pair of hands plus she cooked dinner for us every night and left us with a stocked freezer!
Yesterday Ruthie had her 2 week appointment and she was 8lb 3oz and 20in long and got a clean bill of health. I must say I was pretty impressed with myself yesterday. Ruthie's appointment was in Lexington (a solid 30min drive from our house) at 9:30 in the morning. I managed to get everyone fed, dressed, in the car and to the doctor's office ON TIME. I'm going to confess...I'm pretty good at making it most places on time but I can't ever seem to get to the pediatrician on time...I'm always about 5 minutes late and it doesn't seem to matter how early I leave! So needless to say I was quite proud that I managed to get THREE children there on time.
I'm thinking that we can do this whole 3 little girls thing.
You want how big of a wedding?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment