Tuesday, October 8, 2013

28 weeks

Yesterday I had my 28 week appointment along with an ultrasound so I thought I'd do an update with some baby pictures!

The ultrasound today was to recheck the baby's kidneys as they had a little fluid on them at 20 weeks. Kidneys had no fluid today...yay!  They were also taking another peek at baby's heart as there is an EFLV (echogenic focus of the left ventricle). I had never heard of this before but it is apparently seen in 5-20% of ultrasounds (depending on the source used) and is simply a calcium deposit in the heart. It is not a heart defect and doesn't affect the function of the heart. They expected to still see the EFLV and it is considered a "normal variant".
In case you're wondering what an EFLV looks like...
 
Our little nugget weighed in at 2lb 8oz today which is exactly where it should be and is still measuring a few days behind on the head measurement and a few days ahead on the abdomen measurement. I always think this is funny because all my babies have measured the same way and have adorable big tummies. :) I also find it funny because both girls had head measurements right around the 30th percentile at birth and by 1 year their heads were around the 90th percentile!  

At yesterday's ultrasound baby was curled up into a little ball...bringing a whole new meaning to the fetal position! Baby was also being shy today and didn't want to show it's face. We finally got a profile shot and our little nugget had a cute hand beside it's face and a knee almost touching it's nose! I'm thinking  this baby is going to like being swaddled!
The little ball above the baby's nose is a hand and the bright area beside that is a knee. I happen to also think this baby has a pretty cute little button nose :)

Overall I'm still feeling pretty good. I did pass my glucola test at 24 weeks but when they were checking my blood week noticed that I was anemic so I'm taking iron pills now. Last week I felt pretty bad but I'm feeling much better this week. I think between recovering from Disney, losing a patient at work who was very special to all of us at the hospital, and worrying about the ultrasound I just had a lot of stress and a lot of exhaustion. I definitely have more energy this week! I've been having lots of trouble keeping my blood sugar stable, especially in the morning, but this is something I've dealt with in all my pregnancies so, while it's not fun, at least I know that when I start to feel bad I need to eat. So overall I'm doing well and fortunately on days when I'm tired or not feeling good the girls are great at entertaining each other!

We are still waiting until the baby's born to find out if baby is a boy or a girl!

28 weeks with baby #3
32 weeks with Emmie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment