Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mommy's Little Helper

Emmie has always loved helping but I think with all the talk about the new baby she's decided that she needs a baby of her own to take care of...and fortunately she has a little sister who is more than willing to let Emmie play Mommy! (Not even kidding...there are times when Ellie says "Mommy!" and when I answer she quickly corrects me...she wants "Emmie Mommy".)
At every meal Emmie gets silverware for her and Ellie (and if I'm lucky she gets some for me too!) and then comes and gets their plates and cups. I must say it is so nice to have such a good helper!
Emmie has also started helping Ellie wash her hands and brush her teeth after we eat. She will get Ellie the soap and turn on the water for her and then she fixes both of their toothbrushes and first brushes Ellie's teeth and then her own.  It's so helpful as it gives me a minute to get the dishes off the table (we have to get them off the table before we leave the room or Franklin will eat the leftovers) and then I go in the bathroom and give everyone's teeth a quick Mommy brushing.
I know that Emmie will be so much help for me when the baby gets here (by the way she got to feel the baby kick today for the first time and was thrilled) and I know Ellie will be glad to have a "Mommy" that's focused so much on her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment