Monday, August 12, 2013

20 Weeks

20 Weeks
 
 
 
 
I am 20 weeks and 1 day pregnant with Baby #3 so I thought I would do a little update! We had the 20 week ultrasound today and baby weighs 12oz and is measuring at exactly 20weeks and 1 day. Like the girls, baby's head is a few days smaller and it's tummy is a few days bigger...that's how I prefer it for sure! (Emmie's head was in the 30th percentile at birth and by the time she turned one her head was at the top of the growth charts!)  Baby was breech during the ultrasound but that really doesn't matter right now...there's still lots of room for baby to flip flop around! (During Emmie's ultrasound, she went from breech to head down, back to breech!) We also got to watch baby kick my bladder during the ultrasound...I'm pretty sure that's one of baby's favorite things to do!
The girls went to the ultrasound with us and they had a great time seeing the baby! They carried around some of the pictures for a while afterwards. They also told EVERYONE at the doctor's office that their mommy was having a baby...it was super cute!
For those of you who don't know, we've decided not to find out the baby's gender until it's born...I'm so excited about waiting (and the OB is too...apparently it's really exciting for them when parent's don't know ahead of time what their baby is). Emmie has told me multiple times that the baby is a girl...she is super confident about her assumption...guess she has a 50% chance of being right!
Overall I have felt very well during this pregnancy. I was sick from about 4.5 weeks to 8 weeks and every once in a while I have a bad day but it's definitely manageable! I don't handle the heat well. I tend to feel really sick if I'm outside in the heat for too long but that's easy to deal with...we just try to find things to do inside...or at the pool where we can be in the water!
I really haven't had a consistent craving or food aversion with this baby. Sometimes I will fix dinner and then take one bite and am not able to eat anymore. I do tend to lean toward eating either super healthy (salads or fruit) or super unhealthy (pizza or fast food).
This baby is a VERY active baby which I love. I've been able to feel the baby moving around since 15 weeks. I didn't feel the girls until 18-19 weeks. I've been able to feel the baby kicking from the outside since about 19 weeks. I tried to let Emmie feel the other day but of course as soon as she put her hand on my belly the baby stopped kicking.
A little foot! I love foot pictures from ultrasounds...they look much less skeletal than the rest of the pictures!
Waving hello! The ultrasound tech said the baby had long fingers...just like Ellie!
 

Our sweet baby :)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment