Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Splish Splash

One of the nice things about Paul being home is that we can divide and conquer bathtime and bedtime.  Generally, Emmie gets a bath a little after 7 and is in bed by 7:30 and Ellie gets a bath right after I put Emmie to bed and is in bed a little after 8.  Ellie tends to get cranky and difficult to keep awake during the time that I'm getting Emmie bathed and in bed so when Paul's home I get Emmie's bath started and then once Ellie gets cranky I hand Emmie over to Paul and go plunk Ellie in her bath.  Ellie LOVES her bath.  It keeps her awake and happy and there have been many an evening where she has spent 20 or 30 minutes in the bathtub!  Anyway, after Paul gets Emmie ready for bed she comes and helps me give Ellie her bath and I LOVE that time with both my girls.  Emmie loves to help "bathe" Ellie (really she just sticks her fingers in the water, laughs, and wipes them off on a towel...although sometimes if I'm not quick enough she'll get the washcloth and wring it out all over the floor).




1 comment:

  1. Liv loves to help bathe Eliza too! She always wants to pour cups of water on her...I have to remind her to get her feet and her belly ONLY=)

    ReplyDelete