Saturday, September 3, 2011

Love these girls!

I love my little girls.  I just had to say it :).  Ellie is changing everyday and becoming more of a person.  It's so much fun to watch her smile and to watch her expressions when she watches Emmie or Franklin.  Emmie is just a hot mess.  Some days I'm ready to ship her off to boarding school and then she turns around and gives me a hug or says something really funny...she's a hot mess.  Some recent Emmie (and a few Ellie) funnies/cute things:
  • today after Paul's parents left she said "bye bye, had fun"
  • in the grocery store she kept picking up my hand and kissing it...so sweet!
  • today at the grocery store she helped me unload the cart at the cash register...she was so proud of herself
  • When we got ready to go for our walk the other day she followed Franklin out of the door and she had the leash and she was saying "Ganklin, where are you?"  (In case you're wondering Ganklin was getting as far away as he could from the wild toddler who was trying to put the leash on him!)
  • she likes to help me unpack the car when we get home from the grocery store and she gets so excited when she can help (can you tell we go to the grocery store a lot).
  • the other day I got Emmie up from her nap and she said "walk" and I told her we'd go later and then she said "franklin poop"...apparently he looked like he had some urgent business he needed to take care of and Emmie was looking out for him!
  • Emmie LOVES the pool.  if we even drive by one she talks about the pool for the next 5 minutes
  • she loves to help me cook.  she has a little step stool in the kitchen so that she can reach the counter and if I even walk in the kitchen she's over
  • I love to watch her play with her baby dolls.  She's always putting them in the bouncer and laying a blanket across their legs and she frequently gives them a pacifier.
  • today we were in the car and I turned around and she was holding her baby doll against her chest and was patting her back and saying "shh".
  • the USC cheerleaders were on the news and Emmie was watching them and I said "Emmie, touchdown" and she threw up her hands and said "Gamecocks"...it's good to know we've succeeded in brainwashing our child!
  • the other day I was trying to get Emmie to pat Ellie on the bottom instead of her back (figured Ellie had more padding there so it wouldn't be as traumatic when Emmie got too rough!) and she looked at me and pointed to Ellie's bottom and said "Ellie poop"...she wasn't going to pat a diaper that might be poopy...haha!
  • Emmie is very big into possessives right now...everything belongs to someone (daddy's truck, Emmie's toys, Mama's phone, Ellie's chair, etc).  One of the funniest things is when Paul uses the computer she tells him "mama's" the ENTIRE time he's on it and then she'll come and tell me...it makes me laugh so hard that she's telling on Paul for using the computer!
  • Emmie was singing today and standing in front of Ellie and Ellie just looked at her and broke out the BIGGEST grin...it was so cute!
  • When Emmie's been away from me I always ask her what she did while she was gone and usually she just stares at me but after I picked her up from Clara's she told me "I color".
  • If you coo at Ellie, a lot of times she'll coo back.
  • Emmie has had a runny nose and the other day I was sitting in the den and Emmie disappeared and I thought she'd gone to her room.  She came back a few minutes later wiping her nose with a kleenex, which she calls a nexnex.  The Kleenexes are in the bathroom.  And the door was closed.  This is how I learned she can open the door.  There was a lot of toilet paper unrolled from the roll...oops.
  • Emmie hasn't quite figured out the whole thank you thing.  Sometimes she'll say it unprompted but one day she wanted a toy I was playing with with Ellie and so I made her ask Ellie if she could play with the toy and when Ellie "said yes" I told Emmie to say "thank you" to Ellie for sharing. She took Ellie's hand and did the sign for thank you...apparently Emmie thought Ellie should thank her for taking her toy.
  • Emmie has learned to open doors...eek!
  • One day Franklin started barking during Emmie's nap and woke her up and when I went in to get her she said "franklin hush" in this really pitiful voice.
  • Emmie likes to get my camera and hold it in front of her and say "cheese!"
  • When I get Emmie out of bed, if I don't have Ellie with me the first thing out of her mouth is "Ellie?".
  • She calls a pacifier an "Elmo".  Not sure why other than one weekend she kept putting a pacifier in Elmo's mouth.
  • "A,B,C,D,E,F,G, H, itchy,..." and we go down hill from there (although really after D it's hit or miss...she does get the tune right though!)
  • And probablly one of my favorite things is to listen to Emmie say her prayer at the table.  If you're not quick enough saying it she will and she does a pretty good job!  Also, if there's something on your plate she really, really wants she'll fold her hands and say her prayer again...guess she's praying what she wants will appear on her plate (it usually does...it's just so sweet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment