Thursday, March 25, 2010

Adventures in the Upstate!

This week Franklin, Emmie, and I packed up and went to Greenville for 4 days.  (I had a dentist appointment and a haircut appointment in Greenville.)  We had so much fun while we were there.  We went on many long walks, took Emmie to meet everyone at the dentist's office, Franklin had his first experience with a small child (that wasn't a baby) when Beth, who cuts my hair, came over with her 2 kids...her oldest is about 4, Emmie and I went to lunch with some of my mom's friends, and we took Emmie to Wednesday night dinner at church.  Wednesday night dinner was quite an adventure for Emmie.  It's held in the gym at church and there are a LOT of people and when we first arrived there were kids playing basketball which she found quite intriguing.  After a few minutes of looking around she got a little overwhelmed (cuddled up to my mom, eyes got really big, sucking on fingers) but she gradually got a more accustomed to all the noises and goings on.  While we were in Greenville she got to hang out with her Granddaddy (who discovered that she's quite interested in the rubber duck in her bathtub...more on that another day) and she got to spend lots of quality time with her Gran!  She also got to play with her GREAT grandmother who came over to visit on Tuesday and Wednesday. 
Most of the pictures from when we were there are on my mom's camera so I don't have them yet but I took a few and thought these were so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment